14 comments for “Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

1. June 3, 2007 at 8:31 pm

I break out with a manifesto aimed at bringing the culture of science in line with its ideals.

Also, I ponder the effects of a lack of diversity in the tribe of science.

2. June 3, 2007 at 8:33 pm

A photo identification quiz: can you separate the exercise equipment from the sex toys?

3. June 3, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Is same-sex marriage in everything but name something to celebrate? Last October I said yes. Two days ago I realized I was wrong.

4. June 3, 2007 at 8:48 pm

In Pressured to Consider Female Candidates, I talk about how a well-intentioned policy just ends up wasting my time and the time of my colleagues.

5. evil fizz
    June 3, 2007 at 9:02 pm

I muse about bad writing and Jack Kevorkian’s release from prison.

I also feel compelled to show off the wedding cake I made for a friend of mine two weeks ago. Yes, I have already linked to this. But I still love it.

6. June 3, 2007 at 9:08 pm

Several posts:

What I think that we’re ignoring in the debate of the new Lybrel BC pills

My review of The Beauty Myth

and my response to some racist debate that took place on Feministing this week.

7. June 3, 2007 at 9:09 pm

My photo essay about memorial day. Pictures from Arlington National Cemetery.

8. June 3, 2007 at 10:03 pm

I talk about the feminist problem with drow in Pen & Paper and Massively-Multiplayer Roleplaying Games

(I had to edit one of my sections for accuracy, but I’m still pretty proud of this one).

9. June 3, 2007 at 10:54 pm

I blog about children in Cambodia for International Children’s Day and wonder at the ridiculousness of the accusation that Amnesty International colonises countries.

10. June 3, 2007 at 10:55 pm

A bit of poking around on facebook led me to a group affectionately titled “Concerned Citizens Against Asian Girls Dating Fat Ugly White Guys,” which led to this rant about, well, that group, and about the way AF/WM interracial relationships tend to be discussed.

11. June 3, 2007 at 11:53 pm

today, i wrote about my favorite folk music performer, namoli brennet, and featured her music video on youtube entitled thorn in your side. in additional shameless self promotion, i also featured some digital art i created of namoli in the same post.

taking shameless to a new level.

12. June 4, 2007 at 8:52 am

media inspired posts:

a great feminist documentary: The heart of the game

and my love-hate relationship with Family guy