Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 1:53 pm |

Maybe I’m the only one, but I really think if recaps are all that much work for you, we can survive without them. It’s perfectly possible to navigate through the last week from the home page.

2. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 2:38 pm |

Off topic: I was able to make a comment here, but when I tried to post in the circumcision thread, my comment neither posted nor appeared as “in moderation.” I posted it a second time with the same result. Has the moderation system changed? I don’t want to keep retrying and then end up with six identical comments in the thread.

3. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 3:15 pm |

It will let me put a one-line comment in that thread, but not a longer one. I’m close to giving up.

4. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 3:18 pm |

Well, breaking it up into three pieces, and replacing the phrase “penis-possessor” with the word “person” in the middle portion appears to have resolved the problem. Whatever.

5. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 3:19 pm |

Aha! It will not let me use the term “penis-possessor!”

6. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 3:19 pm |

Perhaps it will not let me use the word “penis.”

7. Dr. Confused
    Dr. Confused July 2, 2007 at 3:20 pm |

(ok, the above was actually a test, but there is a hyphenated phrase with the word “penis” which it will not allow to be posted, or even put as “in moderation,” in this thread or the other one. Odd.)

8. jeffaclitus
    jeffaclitus July 2, 2007 at 3:24 pm |

Yeah, I agree: the recap posts seem like tedious work, so if you’d rather not do it, I don’t think it’d be any great loss. Not that I’m opposed to their continuing or anything, just that I don’t think they’re terribly necessary if you’d rather not do them.

A side note: who else but (the late, say, Oh, Mercy and after) Bob Dylan could take a line like “Winter’s gone, the river’s on the rise” and suffuse it with such aching melancholy?

9. David Thompson
    David Thompson July 2, 2007 at 5:55 pm |

I think the Internets can live without the highlight reel.

Plus, you’ve been misspelling “recapping” for a while now.

10. How to live in the 21st century  at  SoE in a new home

[...] ve been a bit down in the last week. Look up the links filed under Tuesday from last weeks Feministe and one might understand why I certainly do not fe [...]