Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. jeffaclitus
    jeffaclitus July 21, 2007 at 12:15 am |

The fact that he’s still alive is either a testament to the fickleness of Mother Nature, or a flat-out refutation of natural selection.

“If you lived in any other country in the world, you would have starved to death years ago!
    “He’s got you there, dad.”

2. XtinaS
    XtinaS July 21, 2007 at 2:16 am |

You should check out a friend’s post on licensing.  For some reason, it sounds like these go together.

3. Bach-us
    Bach-us July 21, 2007 at 2:04 pm |

Practice saying this with me: “Bush hates babies and he doesn’t want them to have health insurance.” I think if we say that often enough, it might get through. Starting off with “hates babies” is inflammatory, but I just can’t bring myself to care.

4. Allie
    Allie July 21, 2007 at 2:19 pm |

I learned about evolution from a Benedictine monk, myself. Sweet, sweet old man, very smart.

I can’t say I’m surprised by the rest of this post. After learning that Mississippi is the “best place in the country to be a fetus” and the worst one to be actually born in, the rest of it just sort of adds confirmation for me.

5. mustelid
    mustelid July 21, 2007 at 2:28 pm |

Allie, ain’t it funny how that works out?

6. Interrobang
    Interrobang July 21, 2007 at 3:06 pm |

Yeah, I suppose Mississippi might be the “best place in the country to be a fetus,” if you completely remove the fact that healthy, well-fed, well-cared-for women are better in general for fetuses than otherwise. Endemic poverty and sporadic access to healthcare, yeah, that’s good for a fetus… *headdesk*

Of course, it’s not like these jerks actually think women are real or anything, so I should be surprised?

7. Cara
    Cara July 21, 2007 at 4:20 pm |

Such a great veto list . . . denying funding for stem-cell research which could have potentially life-saving results, refusing to set a time line for ending a war and therefore committing more soldiers to death, and denying health care access to children! What a guy.

8. Misspenname
    Misspenname July 21, 2007 at 8:19 pm |

Best. Post title. Ever!

9. links for 2007-07-22 « MissM’s Blog

[...] links for 2007-07-22 July 21st, 2007 [...]

10. Louise
    Louise July 22, 2007 at 9:25 am |

Funny how it’s forgotten by Bush that his beloved fetuses grow to be voters…

11. preying mantis
    preying mantis July 22, 2007 at 9:49 am |

Not if infant mortality gets them first, they don’t.

12. AG
    AG July 23, 2007 at 8:59 am |

I tend to rant at a lot of policies by this government (to friends and family, if not on blogs) but this is actually beyond words for me. Five billion dollars per year is too high that? They can’t spend 50 or 100 billion a year considering how much is being spent on the war or other crappy objectives? Wow, I am completely numbed and dumb-stuck. Best administration ever?! (for the corporate giants — tobacco and insurance a-holes in this case).

13. 10 Reasons to Support Reproductive Justice on Roe Day - CommonDreams.org

[...] up until the moment of birth — then you’re on your own. Anti-choice politicians opposed extending health care to low-income kids; they routinely vote against Head Start and early childhood education programs; they abhor welfare [...]