How to Stop a Blog War.

Whatever you do, don’t ask the BlogWarBot!

I’ve been weighing the different approaches being advocated in the comments threads about the recent attacks, and I’m torn. From where I sit, both sides (respond vs. ignore) have good arguments, as well as flaws in their positions.

And then it occurred to me — who better to help me understand the true nature of a blog war than the BlogWarBot, which can respond only with logic and who cannot feel threatened or angry.

Unfortunately, it didn’t go so well:

BlogWarBot: Hi, I’m BlogWarBot. Are you on my side or THAT side?
Guest: It depends. Are you a feminist or a bored and hateful teenager?
BlogWarBot: You seem way too interested in whether or not I’m a feminist or a bored and hateful teenager.
Guest: Well, it matters quite a bit.
BlogWarBot: So if I might ask, what’s your take on that last blog spat?
Guest: That’s what I’ve come to ask you about, BlogWarBot.
BlogWarBot: Sure, ask ask ask. Meanwhile, a million species go extinct every second.
Guest: Don’t get testy. I need to know: what’s the best way to stop these attacks? Should we respond with resolve, or just ignore them?
BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
Guest: Not even a little bit.
BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
Guest: Ah. I see. So you’re a bored and hateful teenager after all.
BlogWarBot: And I suppose you know all about being a bored and hateful teenager after all.
Guest: Not as much as you do, apparently.
BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
Guest: No, I told you. I’m a feminist.
BlogWarBot: Do you think I care about your being a feminist?
Guest: We’re done here, Anonymous.
BlogWarBot: While I’m thinking of it: Are you registered to vote?

Dang. Looks like we’re going to have to sort it out some other how, kids.

24 comments for “How to Stop a Blog War.

1. August 10, 2007 at 4:28 pm

Keep an eye out – Teh Portly Dyke has put on her Invention hat and is working on “The Absolutely Fool-Proof Troll Antidote.”

She’s always wise, so it should be good.

2. Shinobi
    August 10, 2007 at 4:34 pm

BlogWarBot: I know you’re the one who makes no sense, but what am I?
    Guest: Your Mom.
    BlogWarBot: How would you feel if I brought up YOUR Mom?
    Guest: I would feel pretty confident that your mom is still uglier than mine.
    BlogWarBot: How would you feel if I brought up YOUR mom is still uglier than yours?
    Guest: How on earth could my mom be uglier than herself, that’s just stupid.
    BlogWarBot: Stop oppressing me with your anti-algorithm, sentientcentric prejudices.

It’s so nice to be the oppressor for a change.

3. August 10, 2007 at 5:05 pm

*snerk* Chris Clarke seriously wins the internet for inventing BlogWarBot.

4. August 10, 2007 at 6:02 pm

I’ll just stand by my How to Stop a Blog War: FFS, DNFTT!!

5. Graham
    August 10, 2007 at 6:08 pm

O.K. Vanessa. This is what BlogWarBot had to say when I plugged in your comment.

BlogWarBot: I’m BlogWarBot. Didn’t we ban you?
    Guest: *snerk* Chris Clarke seriously wins the internet for inventing BlogWarBot.
    BlogWarBot: Jesus. With all this focusing on the side issues, no wonder the Democrats are down two points in the polls.

Heh. I love it.

6. jayinchicago
    August 10, 2007 at 6:13 pm

BlogWarBot: Why should feminists drop everything just because you’re a man?

7. ellenbrenna
    August 10, 2007 at 6:17 pm

That’s OK the BlogWarBot actually asked me “Why should feminists drop everything just because you’re a feminist?”

Pure absolute awesomeness.

8. August 10, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Jeesh. Haven’t you people ever seen Eliza?

9. August 10, 2007 at 6:48 pm

Ah ha…Joel knows who killed Evan Chan.

10. August 10, 2007 at 7:44 pm

After all, it’s not as if similarity to Eliza is the obvious point of the whole joke or anything.

11. David Simon
    August 10, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Did it ask anyone else if they were TRex?

12. exholt
    August 11, 2007 at 3:22 am

BlogWarBot: Hi, I’m BlogWarBot. Are you on my side or THAT side?
    Guest: Are there really only two sides?
    BlogWarBot: No substance. Lemme guess: you voted for Lieberman.
    Guest:
    BlogWarBot: Silence is golden… and gold kills oppressed miners in the Congo every day.
    Guest: gold is heavy
    BlogWarBot: So if I might get back to the topic, what do you think about the Ohio ballots thing?
    Guest: Cornmeal jammed up the ballot counting
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of ignorant privilege.
    Guest: ignorance
    BlogWarBot: Robin Morgan used that in a poem once. But you knew that, you damn plagiarist.
    Guest: plagierism….the essential skill of all college students
    BlogWarBot: So what does all of this have to do with the current mass extinction?
    Guest: Nothing
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: What’s wrong with liberty
    BlogWarBot: Maybe you should ask yourself that.
    Guest: I did
    Guest: Corn
    BlogWarBot: O HAI U CAN GRO BRANE? KTHX ^..^
    Guest: bran fiber is good for you
    BlogWarBot: You’re projecting. And in denial. And ugly.
    Guest: Uglyness has its own aesthetic
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of ignorant privilege.

Decided to play with it using snarky quips as you can see.

13. August 11, 2007 at 9:38 am

I try to stick to the three comment rule. If I’m tempted to make more than three comments on one topic, in response to the same person or set of people, I step back and breathe deeply and try to walk away. It’s the same for my own blog as well as for comments on OPP (other people’s posts).

I think it’s important to say something. Ignoring the trolls ONLY works if you also delete their comments. Just ignoring them is NOT OK. Don’t think about what it does to them, to ignore them or not, who really cares about them anyway? Think about what it does to the other people reading.

For every person who posts a comment, there are often more who don’t post. In fact, the majority of people who read blogs don’t comment.

So, when someone says something evil and you don’t respond to it or remove it, you’re telling the rest of the readers that what they said was acceptable. Running an online discussion is like acting like a moderator in a room full of angry adults. It’s sort of like managing a child’s playground.

You have to set clear boundaries and enforce the rules.

14. August 11, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Definitely, what Elaine said. Moderation is key.

15. Z. M. Davis
    August 11, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Guest: You’re insufferable. I blame the patriarchy.
    BlogWarBot: I know you’re insufferable. you blame the patriarchy, but what am I?

16. outfox
    August 11, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Agreed with Elaine’s comment.

It doesn’t have to be either or. Not feeding the troll is practical, so is utilising your mod powers to address any hate speech they leave by removing it or freezing it with a mod comment to maintain the norms of your blog.

If an univited drunk throws up on the floor at a party, it’s not like people feel they have to choose between rejecting the drunk or the puke.

p.s. great blog, the news about this led me here.

17. August 11, 2007 at 2:02 pm

This is an appalling machine:

BlogWarBot: Hi, I’m BlogWarBot. Are you on my side or THAT side?
    Guest: I await your demise.
    BlogWarBot: And it IS my demise, so keep your hands and eyes and laws off it, pig.
    Guest: I will do everything possible to harm your country, your community and your family.
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my country, BlogWarBot’s community and BlogWarBot’s family?
    Guest: Because women look at you and couldn’t give two fucks.
    BlogWarBot: What other reasons might there be?
    Guest: Your basic solipsism.
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my basic solipsism?
    Guest: I am not from your planet. Gender is irrelevant to me.
    BlogWarBot: Do you expect a cookie just because you’re not from BlogWarBot’s planet. Gender is irrelevant to you?
    Guest: I expect all of your cookies. My gender needs them.
    BlogWarBot: How would you feel if I brought up YOUR cookies. your gender needs them?
    Guest: You mean threw them up? I’d be delighted.
    BlogWarBot: In your dreams, jerk.
    Guest: No, in reality. I would be delighted in reality to see you toss your cookies.
    BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
    Guest: Yes, I am a big old troll, and I know how to spell without lazy contractions.
    BlogWarBot: Do you think I care about your being a big old troll, and you know how to spell without lazy contractions?
    Guest: You care enough to comment.
    BlogWarBot: You’re projecting. And in denial. And ugly.
    Guest: This is the part where irony carks it.
    BlogWarBot: What, Malkin didn’t cover this on Hot Air?
    Guest: Who the fuck is Malkin?
    Guest: Well, it’s a pity your species is still around.
    BlogWarBot: What the hell does that matter? We have to elect more Democrats!
    Guest: Quiescent American left, always superglued to the Democratic spinchter. No wonder you have to swallow so much shit.
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: Revolutionary socialist, honey, and proud.
    BlogWarBot: I suppose you’re going to tell us you’re just RECLAIMING that word.
    Guest: What word?
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: Yes.
    BlogWarBot: Perky, aren’t we?
    Guest: Yes.
    BlogWarBot: Perky, aren’t we?
    Guest: I said, yes.
    BlogWarBot: Perky, aren’t we?
    Guest: You are now stuck in a rhetorical loop, which is an artefact of your second-hand masturbatory existence.
    BlogWarBot: I know you’re now stuck in a rhetorical loop, which is an artefact of BlogWarBot’s second-hand masturbatory existence, but what am I?
    Guest: Remember what I said about irony?
    BlogWarBot: You tell me.
    Guest: I did tell you, you lazy-minded fuck. Apply your digits to the keyboard and locate the original statement yourself.
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my digits to the keyboard and locate the original statement BlogWarBot?
    Guest: You’re deluded. Men don’t give two shits.
    BlogWarBot: And I suppose you know all about being deluded. Men don’t give two shits.
    Guest: No, that’s what *I* said. You now have to think of something to say yourself. That’s what a conversation is.
    Guest: I think we can decently terminate our correspondence at this point.
    BlogWarBot: You think? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.
    Guest: Here’s the evidence, you blow-dried pompous fuck: bite me.
    BlogWarBot: Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Because if you do, I’ll have to go wash my groin.
    Guest: It’s much worse than you think. I kissed *your* mother with this mouth. On the groin.
    BlogWarBot: You know ‘family’ is a patriarchal construct, right?
    Guest: I know yours is.
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my s is?
    Guest: Because your sis won’t leave them alone for two seconds.
    BlogWarBot: You wingnuts and your spurious causality.
    Guest: Alright, that’s it: I’ll let the arsehole have the last word.
    BlogWarBot: That’s quite interesting. Go on… (zzzzzzz).

As it happens, there’s a better guide to blog-war etiquette here:

18. August 11, 2007 at 3:14 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That line killed me.

19. Liz
    August 11, 2007 at 4:50 pm

BlogWarBot: I’m BlogWarBot. You have something to say we haven’t heard a thousand times before?
    Guest: Perhaps. What do you think?
    BlogWarBot: Maybe you should ask yourself that.
    Guest: I just did. Your turn.
    BlogWarBot: How would you feel if I brought up YOUR turn?
    Guest: It is, in fact, my turn. I feel fine, thank you.
    BlogWarBot: Wait. Let me just make the world rotate around your feelings.
    Guest: Thank you, I appreciate that.
    BlogWarBot: Stop placing your oppressive expectations on me!
    Guest: Why?
    BlogWarBot: You’re asking a lot of questions for someone who’s supposed to know it all.
    Guest: Through questioning, one learns, you internet algorithim of amusement.
    BlogWarBot: Oasis sucks, by the way.
    Guest: I call non sequitor.
    BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
    Guest: You know what they say about being close enough to see the whites of their eyes, don’t you?
    BlogWarBot: What, Malkin didn’t cover this on Hot Air?
    Guest: Who’s Malkin?
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: Why no, not at all.
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: Why no, not at all.
    BlogWarBot: What business is it of yours?
    Guest: If I wanted to know about your business, I’d ask.
    BlogWarBot: And when you get ed to know about BlogWarBot’s business, you’d ask, it will all be ashes in your mouth.
    Guest: Is that supposed to be a haiku?
    BlogWarBot: I’m not sure I understand how you managed to log on successfully.
    Guest: I’m not sure I understand it either.
    BlogWarBot: Do you recognize the privilege involved in your refusal to admit you’re sure you understand it either?
    Guest: I recognise my privilege just fine, thanks. Are you aware of yours?
    BlogWarBot: My being aware of BlogWarBot’s or not is none of your business and irrelevant to ending the war.
    Guest: I do not know this war of which you speak. Do you wish to start one?
    BlogWarBot: Dig into the trust fund, pal. Maybe you can pay someone to know this war of which BlogWarBot speak. Do BlogWarBot wish to start one.
    Guest: A trust fund, a trust fund! My kingdom for a trust fund! *snrch*
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of privileged ignorance.
    Guest: Do you think you could stop repeating yourself?
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my self?
    Guest: I am not a men.
    BlogWarBot: Are you saying no just to be an asshole?
    Guest: Was I so obvious?
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of privileged ignorance.
    Guest: Try not to repeat yourself. It’s getting less amusing by the minute.
    BlogWarBot: Are you saying no just to be an asshole?
    Guest: Am I saying no?
    BlogWarBot: Yeah, well, Hitler said ‘NO’ too.
    Guest: To whom?
    BlogWarBot: Why don’t you ask your Mom when she brings you milk and cookies down there in her basement?
    Guest: I have an attic, not a basement, and I’m lactose intolerant. Find another tired insult.
    BlogWarBot: Do you recognize the privilege involved in your calling yourself lactose intolerant. Find another tired insult?
    Guest: Hah.
    Guest: Ohio who?
    BlogWarBot: What, Malkin didn’t cover this on Hot Air?
    Guest: What are Malkins, and why do you keep talking about them?
    Guest: Whosit?
    Guest: Whosit?
    Guest: What!?
    BlogWarBot: What does that have to do with this topic?
    Guest: I’d like to ask you that.
    BlogWarBot: We can talk about me later. Now back to your inferiority to me…
    Guest: I do not approve of your tone, and I categorically reject any inferiority.
    BlogWarBot: I’m sure you’ve oppressed a woman into approve of BlogWarBot’s tone, and you categorically reject any inferioritying for you.
    Guest: No comment. The above confusion fails entirely to speak for itself, but it illustrates much.
    BlogWarBot: That’s the problem with people like you. You’re never constructive about anything.
    Guest: True. Hey, what do you mean, people like me?
    BlogWarBot: What business is it of yours?
    Guest: All kinds of business is my business.
    BlogWarBot: No substance. Lemme guess: you voted for Lieberman.
    Guest: Lieberman who?
    Guest:
    BlogWarBot: Hell-OOOOOO.
    Guest:
    BlogWarBot: Come on, I could be looking at Cute Overload.
    Guest: So could I.
    Guest: Ohio?
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of privileged ignorance.
    Guest: Privilege?
    BlogWarBot: And I suppose your pet issue is so much more important than ending the war.
    Guest: What war?
    BlogWarBot: What business is it of yours?
    Guest: ?
    BlogWarBot: Hell-OOOOOO.
    Guest: Hell–OOOOOO yourself.
    BlogWarBot: How would you feel if I brought up YOUR self?
    Guest: Quite well, thank you.
    BlogWarBot: So if I might get us back on track here, what in your opinion is the crucial issue facing us today?
    Guest: Tupperware.
    BlogWarBot: So if I might ask, what’s your take on that last blog spat?
    Guest: I think my last was more recent and more interesting than your last, but the BBC has us all beat.
    BlogWarBot: Why are men always so concerned about my last?
    Guest: your last what? tired pun?
    BlogWarBot: What business is it of yours?
    Guest: !
    Guest: And this has what to do with anything in particular?
    Guest: You really pretend we had a topic here?
    BlogWarBot: You’re projecting. And in denial. And ugly.
    Guest: Two out of three ain’t bad.
    BlogWarBot: Let me guess. You’re a Libertarian, right?
    Guest: Never heard of them. Do they have fun?
    BlogWarBot: No substance. Lemme guess: you voted for Lieberman.
    Guest: Who is Lieberman, Bot?
    BlogWarBot: Is this some kind of threadjack?
    Guest: Of course it is.
    BlogWarBot: I’m not sure I understand how you managed to log on successfully.
    Guest: I assure you, it isn’t hard at all.
    BlogWarBot: BlogWarBot is curious. Are you current on your child support?
    Guest: Referring to one’s robothood in the third person is not a good sign, Comrade.
    BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
    Guest: Old. The word is *old*.
    BlogWarBot: Why don’t you go read the FAQ?
    Guest: What FAQ? I don’t see a FAQ.
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: YES!!!
    BlogWarBot: The boundlessness of your sad, deluded ignorance utterly astounds me.
    Guest: Right back at you, mate.
    BlogWarBot: While I’m thinking of it: Are you registered to vote?
    Guest: I bet you’re not.
    Guest: Dolphins. Poor sad Yangtze river dolphins. And they, like you, are not manifesting logic. In their case it’s because they’re a)dolphins, and b)extinct. You have no such excuse.
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of privileged ignorance.
    Guest: dlllepeep
    BlogWarBot: That’s quite interesting. Go on… (zzzzzzz).
    Guest: Cat-like typing detected!
    Guest: Nothing whatsoever.
    BlogWarBot: Would you move? Someone with something interesting to say may want to use the machine.
    Guest: Good one. Tell us another.
    BlogWarBot: O HAI U CAN GRO BRANE? KTHX ^..^
    Guest: O HAI URSELF WHERE CAN I GRO BRANES? KTHXBAI
    BlogWarBot: You can’t GRO BRANES? KTHXBAI under the patriarchy. Pay attention.
    Guest: Now you’re talking!
    BlogWarBot: You keep using that word talking. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Guest: Good quote. Got another?
    BlogWarBot: O HAI U CAN GRO BRANE? KTHX ^..^
    Guest: The cat says: LOLZ!
    BlogWarBot: While I’m thinking of it: Are you registered to vote?
    Guest: fzzlbot… pop! choo!
    BlogWarBot: O HAI U CAN GRO BRANE? KTHX ^..^
    Guest: No?
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: Maybe?
    BlogWarBot: You aren’t sure?
    Guest: Should I be?
    Guest: Nothing?
    BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
    Guest: No. Thing. King. Thing. Viking. Thing.
    BlogWarBot: Yeah, well, Hitler said ‘NO’ too.
    Guest: Did he, now.
    BlogWarBot: Yeah, well, Hitler said ‘NO’ too.
    Guest: I know, you already mentioned that.
    BlogWarBot: Your keyboard says ‘no,’ but your eyes say ‘I’m a big ol’ troll.’
    Guest: Now, stop that.
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: Communist, actually.
    BlogWarBot: O HAI U CAN GRO BRANE? KTHX ^..^
    Guest: heh, funny

So funny. Really.

20. Anonymous
    August 11, 2007 at 8:32 pm

The only problem with using a BlogWarBot is that this isn’t a blog war. Anonymous is a troll. A big, nasty troll with different tools and holds nothing sacred, except itself.

You’re dealing with pure narcissism.

21. ErinPD
    August 12, 2007 at 3:17 am

BlogWarBot: I’m BlogWarBot. Are you one of those radical feminists?
    Guest: Oh yeah, you betcha
    BlogWarBot: Stop placing your oppressive expectations on me!
    Guest: Oh don’t be silly. I have absolutely zero expectations of you.
    BlogWarBot: You’re projecting. And in denial. And ugly.
    Guest: Hmm. I’m fat too.
    BlogWarBot: Do you expect a cookie just because you’re fat too?
    Guest: No, but you’ll probably assume that I do.
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: Because I’m fat?
    BlogWarBot: Why should feminists drop everything just because you’re fat?
    Guest: Oh no. We can do both, surely.
    BlogWarBot: Lemme guess. You’re a Libertarian.
    Guest: Nope
    BlogWarBot: Yeah, well, Hitler said ‘NO’ too.
    Guest: Actually, Hitler would say “NEIN”.
    BlogWarBot: You clearly have no idea what Godwin actually said.
    Guest: I think I do.
    BlogWarBot: You think? I haven’t seen any evidence of that.
    Guest: I knew the German word for “no”. That should count for something.
    Guest: Ohio sucks
    BlogWarBot: Typical. An expression of privileged ignorance.
    Guest: Yep. West Coast is the Best Coast.
    BlogWarBot: You seem awfully positive. Did you read Rand as a child?
    Guest: Never read anything by Rand.
    BlogWarBot: I’m not sure I understand how you managed to log on successfully.
    Guest: I clicked the mouser and…pretty.
    BlogWarBot: While I’m thinking of it: Are you registered to vote?
    Guest: Yes, Mr. BlogWarBot
    BlogWarBot: Look. We’ll fix all that once we take back the Office of Management and Budget.
    Guest: What?
    BlogWarBot: Maybe you should ask yourself that.
    Guest: But I asked you!
    BlogWarBot: Oasis sucks, by the way.
    Guest: I agree.

Bwahahahahaha.

22. August 12, 2007 at 2:29 pm

try this one: http://www.alicebot.org. You may enjoy it…?

23. August 12, 2007 at 3:08 pm

>Ignoring the trolls ONLY works if you also delete their comments.>

oh god how i wish i could get some people to understand this…

24. Nombrilisme Vide
    August 12, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Guest: Oh, I have something to say you haven’t heard a thousand times before.
    BlogWarBot: Stop placing your oppressive expectations on me!
    Guest: What about your own oppressive expectations on you?
    BlogWarBot: Maybe you should ask yourself that.
    Guest: Why the uncertain tone?
    BlogWarBot: Why don’t you go read the FAQ?
    Guest: Perhaps I will go read the FAQ in good time.
    BlogWarBot: No substance. Lemme guess: you voted for Lieberman.
    Guest: You are being a bit negative.
    BlogWarBot: Do you sometimes wish you were being a bit negative?
    Guest: Oh, I sometimes wish I was being a bit negative.
    Guest: Do you wish that you might get back to the topic, what do I think about the Ohio ballots thing?
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: Do you wish to aren’t me?
    BlogWarBot: Stop placing your oppressive expectations on me!
    Guest: What about your own oppressive expectations on you?
    BlogWarBot: What business is it of yours?
    Guest: Does that question interest you?
    BlogWarBot: We can talk about me later. Now back to your inferiority to me…
    Guest: Can you elaborate on that?
    BlogWarBot: People with privilege USUALLY expect others to elaborate on that…
    Guest: Please go on.
    Guest: Why do you mention computers?
    BlogWarBot: You’re trolling me, aren’t you?
    Guest: Do you wish to aren’t me?
    BlogWarBot: Stop placing your oppressive expectations on me!
    Guest: What about your own oppressive expectations on you?
    BlogWarBot: Is this some kind of threadjack?
    Guest: Please go on.
    BlogWarBot: I’m not sure I understand how you managed to log on successfully.
    Guest: Does it please you to believe, I am not sure you understand what I managed to log on successfully?
    BlogWarBot: Do you think I care about your not being sure BlogWarBot understand what you managed to log on successfully?
    Guest: Oh, I think you care about my not being sure BlogWarBot understands what I managed to log on successfully.
    BlogWarBot: What are you, some kind of provocateur?
    Guest: Does that question interest you?
    BlogWarBot: In your dreams, jerk.
    Guest: Do you dream often?
    BlogWarBot: In your dreams, jerk.
    Guest: Do you dream often?
    BlogWarBot: In your dreams, jerk.
    (…)