Evangelicals are threatening to run a third-party candidate if Giuliani is the Republican nominee. Which puts me in a really tough place — I can’t stand Giuliani and I think he’s a dangerous and scary man, but boy would I like to see this.
Conservative Christians are downright terrified at the idea of a lady-president in the White House. Clinton is one of the most conservative Democrats running, and yet her name — and the vagina-ness that it exudes — apparently scare the shit out of Hellfire-and-brimstone crowd.
“I can’t think of a bigger disaster for social conservatives, defense conservatives, and economic conservatives than Hillary Clinton in the White House,” Mr. Bauer said.
Still, he added, “But I do believe there are certain core issues for the Republican Party—low taxes, strong defense and pro life— and if we nominate some who is hostile on one of those three thing it will blow up the GOP.”
…so you’re telling me that this is awesome either way?
To paraphrase our Dear Leader (and Kirstin Dunst), Bring it on.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Shocker of the day: Presidential campaign staffs are dominated by men by Jill October 29, 2007
- Conservative Christians Flex Their Political Muscles by zuzu May 15, 2006
- Oy. by zuzu October 22, 2007
- “Shut up, Bitch” by Jill December 5, 2008
- John McCain, staying classy by zuzu October 19, 2007