From an interview with Kingsley Browne, author of the upcoming book “Co-Ed Combat: The New Evidence That Women Shouldn’t Fight The Nation’s Wars”:
What “new evidence” are you offering to show that women aren’t fit for war?
The evidence comes from the field of evolutionary psychology, which recognizes that the human mind is a product of our evolutionary history. The reason men don’t like women comrades in dangerous situations is they don’t trust them when the shooting starts, and that is probably because women don’t possess whatever cues evoke trust in men. And trust is central to combat cohesion. Men don’t say, “This is a person I would follow through the gates of hell.” Men aren’t hard-wired to follow women into danger. It is largely an emotional reaction.
- WTF is up with college newspapers these days? by zuzu April 8, 2007
- More on the misogynist shooting in Pennsylvania by Jill August 5, 2009
- Feminism: Not a Religion. Men’s Rights Activists: Still Not Getting Laid Much. by Jill April 27, 2009
- Here’s an idea: by Jill December 8, 2007
- Abortion: It’s All About Teh Men by Jill January 7, 2008