i can’t believe I’m about to defend Ann Coulter again, but:
Really, why is it so hard to take an abhorrent female pundit to task without leveling threats of sexualized violence against her, and/or insulting her appearance? Henry’s boner for turning Ann into a submissive housekeeper who will “shut the fuck up” is beyond creepy — and further evidence that conservatives definitely don’t have a monopoly on hating women. The whole sex-as-a-tool-to-put-uppity-bitches-in-their-place thing is disturbing and disgusting even when it is leveled at scum like Ann. What a whole lot of people (especially dudes) don’t seem to grasp is that the veiled threats of rape and abuse as punishment for outspoken women does a disservice to all of us. Even if we’re on the opposite side of the political spectrum as Ann, we get the message loud and clear: Know your role. And if you’re too pushy, too loud or too opinionated, well, you should expect to be knocked down a peg or two. Bitch.
Thanks to Tricia for the link.
*While BDSM ain’t my kink, I imagine that if it were, shit like this would really piss me off.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- If Ann Coulter is a perfected Jew and the RNC is Heaven, then I’ll be happy to see you in Hell by Jill October 11, 2007
- Hold Yer Hats by Lauren October 4, 2005
- More than just a woman’s issue by Flute February 2, 2005
- Loud and Clear by Jill December 4, 2007
- A Rant on Public Education, Long Time Coming by Lauren May 16, 2005