I’m taking a break from feminism and politics and the Middle East, just for a second (I’ve been mulling over my comments about the veil for hours now).
I have a few (ok, ok a lot of) pretty shameless loves in life: Ice cream, chocolate (chocolate ice cream is…beyond words), coffee/tea (don’t even get me started), cheese (any kind, any time, anywhere), and hamburgers. Not in combination. Obviously.
I love watching people eat (this sounds weird and creepy, but it really isn’t meant to be). When someone can enjoy a meal, and you can actually see it on their face, that is beautiful. Absolutely amazing. It just makes me want to eat (and eat, and eat, and eat). And I love looking at photographs of food, which brings me to this: 101 Cookbooks. This is one of my favorite websites with recipes galore and some of the most amazing photos of food I have ever seen. It literally gets me through the day. Sitting at my desk, in front of a computer, for 7 hours can get pretty dull. Looking at food makes the day that much better. Hurrah!
What is your one (or many, in my case) indulgence?
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Some thoughts on class and food by Lisa Jervis September 1, 2009
- “Exceeding Proper Measure” by Lenka April 6, 2005
- Breakfast: Not Sexier than Before, but Funnier than Ever by Guest Blogger May 22, 2013
- Hi there! And an intro and some thoughts on food. by Lisa Jervis August 31, 2009
- My Favorite Concept Ever… by Lisa Jervis August 31, 2007