As Belledame reminds us here, Tuesday, November 6, is election day in Philadelphia, and presents an opportunity for Philly voters to do something about Judge Teresa Carr Deni, who recently dismissed rape charges against a defendant who stood accused of raping a prostitute at gunpoint because she felt it was a robbery, not a rape.
In a rare move, the Philadelphia Bar Association has come out against the retention of Judge Deni after initially recommending retention. If you’re a voter in Philadelphia, this is your chance to make a difference and boot out a judge who clearly does not know the law, or does not believe the law applies to sex workers.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- When is rape at gunpoint not rape? When it’s “theft of services.” by zuzu October 16, 2007
- This case minimizes true rape cases and demeans women who are really raped. by Jill November 7, 2007
- The Rape of Mr. Smith by Jill January 3, 2007
- Legal Bullshit of the Day by Jill June 12, 2008
- Naming by Jill June 20, 2007