About Ahmadinejad’s visit to NYC a month or so back, one conservative blogger takes the lefty blogosphere to task for ignoring it, writing:
In the meantime, such supposed bastions of homosexual rights as Pandagon, Shakespeare’s Sister, and Feministe are silent in opposing Columbia’s invitation to Ahmadinejad. While it seems they are all more than willing to accuse all conservatives with being (inherently) racists, none can be bothered to speak out against a tyrant, homophobe, misogynist, and killer. Why? It is simple; Iran is the enemy of their enemy, civilization.
Update The president of Columbia, Mr. Bollinger, did a fine job of naming Ahmadinejad for what he is. I assume that he planned to do so from the beginning and, thus, I believe my remarks here may not apply to Mr. Bollinger. However, the reaction of many on the left side of the blogosphere makes me convinced that they are, in general, true.
To which I say, first, who are the anti-science, anti-human-rights, hard-on-for-theocracy, pro-torture, anti-gay, taking-us-back-to-the-Inquisition folks in the United States right now? Not so much the lefty bloggers.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Iran: Totally not light in the loafers. by Jill September 24, 2007
- Planning: Kind of like treason by Jill July 20, 2007
- One of these things is not like the others… by Jill January 6, 2009
- Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize by Jill October 9, 2009
- What are bitches for? Making men money, of course. by Cara November 16, 2007