Amanda wrote a satirical piece for RH Reality Check about how the next anti-choice step should be to outlaw menstruation. Well, it looks like anti-choicers have caught up with her — they’re trying to pass legislation in Colorado that would give fertilized eggs full Constitutional personhood rights. Unfortunately, the majority of fertilized eggs (somewhere around 70 percent) naturally don’t implant in the uterus and are flushed out onto tampons, pads and panties everywhere. Meaning that, well, Menstruation is Murder.
But my question is, what about the little sperms? They’re fucking adorable (way cuter than eggs), clearly alive (until they are cruelly wanked into oblivion), and completely innocent in their host’s perverted, self-indulgent proclivities. Do they not deserve life? Should they not be spared? Must they be slaughtered for your own selfish pleasures?
What about them?
- Utah bill would criminalize miscarriage by Jill February 23, 2010
- Dear Rep. Franklin: I submit my used tampon as evidence. by Jill February 25, 2011
- Personhood Amendments and the Pro-Life Long Game by Jill November 14, 2011
- If a fertilized egg is a person… by Jill February 28, 2008
- Anti-Choice? There’s an app for that. by Jill April 26, 2010