After Zuzu’s excellent post on re-framing fatness, I thought we could all use something a little uplifting — and Feministing gives it to us. Former Feministe guest-blogger and all-around awesome and uber-talented lady Jaclyn Friedman has created a Big Moves calendar, which features 13 months of beauty and body-positivity and raises money for East Coast Big Moves.
And, in “wow it’s a small world” moment, I went to elementary school with the woman whose photo is featured above and on the May page of the calendar. In fact, it was at her house in 6th grade when I first saw a “chat room,” which was the height of online technology at the time. Congrats to her (hi Ariel!), and to all the other lovely ladies who have volunteered their images to raise money for a great organization.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- International Women’s Day: What Are You Doing? by Cara February 21, 2009
- Obama is the way forward for women by Jill October 22, 2008
- Help a Feminist African Village by Jill September 28, 2006
- A Young Feminist Designer Writes to Project Runway by Jill May 31, 2007
- PandAmanda on His Side by Lauren June 5, 2005