Another GOP scandal, this one involving the aide to the Republican Chair of Orange County, CA molesting boys.
A former GOP congressional aide has pleaded guilty to molesting two male teens, including the 13-year-old son of a family with whom the staffer lived while working on Capitol Hill.
37-year-old Jeffrey Ray Nielsen, who has worked previously for Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), as well the Republican chair of California’s Orange County, agreed to two felony counts of lewd acts upon a child, reports the Associated Press. A jury had deadlocked at an earlier trial this year — in which Nielsen was accused of engaging in sexual acts with a 14-year-old boy he met on the internet — and prosecutors were prepared to bring additional charges in a retrial.
The plea deal is expected to bring a sentence of three years in state prison, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Your Moral Majority at work, folks.
Thanks to Morgan for the link.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Sexual Assault Survivor Jailed by Jill May 23, 2006
- “Only a girl” by Jill October 2, 2006
- No, sir, my use of the n-word was in no way intended to be racist by Jill October 2, 2007
- Standing with Amanda Terkel by Jill March 23, 2009
- Projection, anyone? by Jill December 9, 2007