Predictably, the anti-choice crowd is deciding to “not speculate,” and saying that the building “caught fire” — not that someone set it. They further emphasize that the clinic does evil, evil abortions, even listing how much those abortions cost — because a medical procedure is especially bad if you have to pay for it, apparently (who knew LifeSite was such a proponent of universal health care?). They make it clear from the get-go that Curtis Boyd is a horrible, evil abortion provider, and therefore a pretty good anti-choice target — and I’m sure that if it comes out that the fire was started by lunatic anti-choice terrorists, the anti-choicers over at LifeSite and RealChoice be oh-so-offended at the suggestion that their actions support and encourage these people.
So, newsflash ladies and gentlemen: They do. Because I’m not sure how else to interpret this:
Those of us who recognize the harm abortion does can also lament that the fire has in no way diminished Boyd’s enthusiasm for the practice and he’s reportedly scraping women out at another location.
Hey, maybe it’ll take a shot to the head instead.
Thanks to Angie for the links.
- Ignoring Anti-Choice Terrorism by Jill July 2, 2007
- Merry Christmas from your local anti-choice terrorist by Jill December 29, 2007
- Anti-Choicers Focus on Alito by Jill January 24, 2006
- Anti-Choice Dems Receive Death Threats From Pro-Lifers by Jill March 24, 2010
- Planned Parenthood = Terrorist Organization by Jill September 13, 2006