Jonah Goldberg, intellectual historian, has released his latest tour de force that will no doubt shake the very foundations of political thought. The good folks over at Sadly, No! have bravely delved into this weighty tome. If you think you know what a fascist is, Goldberg’s got news for you:
The quintessential liberal fascist isn’t an SS storm trooper; it is a female grade-school teacher with an education degree from Brown or Swarthmore.
Because when you teach the wimminz and let them go to fancy colleges, you walk with Hitler!
I do recall from my days in first grade that, before we broke into our reading groups with such liberal fascist names as Dinosaurs and Rainbows, our female teacher would lead us every day in reciting a statement of eternal loyalty to the state and its symbol which could be found everywhere in our school. It was some sort of “pledge”, I think….
Clearly, this woman was in the vanguard of service to our liberal fascist overlords.
Update: Jeff Fecke over at Shakesville beat me to it. Damn you, Jeff.
- Now That’s An Oral Argument I’d Like to Observe by bean August 24, 2007
- The Last Abortion Doctor by Jill August 7, 2009
- One more thing before I go: Feminist blog readers are the shit by Nona September 27, 2009
- ..and even more anti-Obama racism by Jill October 17, 2008
- Blame the New York Times by Jill June 27, 2006