I know the holidays can get a little tense, but do you have to use that word?

christmas-sign-20071220-photo-thers-whiskeyfire_typepad_com-whiskey_fire-2007-12-oh-god-bless-yohtml.jpg

Oh, you don’t mean *that* “C” word? Well, why are you treating that *other* “C” word like a dirty word, then?

This entry was posted in Holidays & Celebrations and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I know the holidays can get a little tense, but do you have to use that word?

1. DAS says:

Heah in the South, propah Southrons due yuez woods lahk “Christmas” and “Sugah” an’ such lahk as duhty woods … so hwah is a may-on of Gawd tellin’ his followahs to cuss moah?

2. Haha! Now that’s my kind of War on Christmas!
    Happy Holidays :)

3. brandann says:

hee hee…the c word…hahaha…snicker…

4. Hector B. says:

The unmentionable, disgusting “f-word” must then be “fruitcake.”

5. Kat says:

Hey, I had an extra helping of Yorkshire Pudding in your honor tonight…. and a whole bottle of red wine… :)

6. Laurie says:

Hector:
    Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “f-bomb”. *grin*

7. courage the cowardly dog says:

I am not sure what other “C” word you are referring to, but if you are alluding to a part of the female anatomy, to equate such a term to the birth of a man who forever changed the course of human history in a profound way is somewhat insulting.

8. Jill says:

Well, Courage, I suggest you take it up with the people who made the church sign, not those of us who made the obvious connection.

9. Sarah says:

It’s only insulting if you consider ‘part of the female anatomy’ to be somehow dirty or shameful, which presumably you do.
    Since Christmas is all about birth, it actually seems rather appropriate to me to make the connection!