Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Orodemniades
    Orodemniades December 29, 2007 at 11:14 pm |

That is somehow disturbing, but I can’t put my finger on how…

2. Molly
    Molly December 30, 2007 at 12:16 am |

I can’t quite tell if there’s an interesting statement being made about patriarchy and the stupidity of phallocentric sexuality (and general phallocentrism) … or if it’s just kind of a “Ha ha, penis squish girlies!” kind of thing.

I think it’s the latter, but this is why I’m no artist: I can never quite tell.

(Also, I can’t draw for shit.)

3. Shayne
    Shayne December 30, 2007 at 12:25 am |

I’m seeing it either as the cock of god creating humankind or the cock of Satan destroying it???

4. Molly
    Molly December 30, 2007 at 12:36 am |

I’m seeing a bunch of (puny? weak?) women being literally oppressed by a giant penis wielded by a couple of sneering men–seems to me, that’s either feminist commentary or a really scary-ass fantasy of the artist.

5. zuzu
    zuzu December 30, 2007 at 12:49 am | *

Dude… you spooged in my soup.

6. Falyne
    Falyne December 30, 2007 at 3:09 am |

I’m seeing a mortar and pestle type dealie, with sympathy aimed towards the potentially-ground-up and villainy ascribed to the sneering ones, so I’m leaning towards the feminist commentary interpretation of Mollys. Mileage may vary, however…

7. StarStorm
    StarStorm December 30, 2007 at 4:00 am |

“Penis Soup”?

Is THAT what they’re calling it now?

8. Sappho
    Sappho December 30, 2007 at 12:15 pm |

Are you sure they are women falling/getting shoved into the soup? I thought they were men at first. But I just can’t tell.

9. Lauren
    Lauren December 30, 2007 at 12:39 pm |

Waiter, there’s a dick in my soup.

10. louise
    louise December 30, 2007 at 2:31 pm |

Is this one in a series? Can’t wait to see “Weiner on the Grill”, “Boner in a Bun”, “Dick for Dessert” featuring “Penis Pastries” and “Chocolate Covered Cock”…

11. DaisyDeadhead
    DaisyDeadhead December 30, 2007 at 3:17 pm |

No thanks, I’m vegetarian! hahaha!

12. Frida
    Frida January 1, 2008 at 10:18 am |

A woman, while dining at Crew,
    Found an elephant’s wang in her stew.
    Said the waiter, “Don’t shout,
    And wave it about,
    Or the others will all want one too.”

To me, it looks like a mortar and pestle, and it looks like there are people of both genders. [Men & women both being hurt by patriarchy??] It also kind of reminds me of the scene in “The Wall” where all the schoolchildren are marching along and falling into a giant meat grinder.

I wonder who that little dude is, at the bottom of the picture with his arms in the air.