1. bfranky
    bfranky January 14, 2008 at 11:55 am |

We’re marching proudly backwards to the future. The religious right isn’t as powerful as it was a few years ago, but it sure left a stain. Hillary deserves a fair chance the nomination — as fair a chance as Edwards or Obama. She is smart and articulate, has worked hard to get where she is, and has proven herself to be a strong candidate by winning two senate campaigns. But so many folks — many of them with powerful voices — think a woman should stay home and cook for her man. They are doing all they can to keep her from getting even that fair chance. The world they represent and want to return to — what a boring world that is.

My wife and I wrote a political satire that came out this month from Three Rivers Press: “The Department of Homeland Decency: Decency Rules and Regulations Manual.” It covers everything from a woman’s proper role to how to do “it” properly and decently to how to completely destroy a Dixie Chicks’ CD so it can’t infect you or your loved ones. Check it out at http://www.homelanddecency.com. It will make you laugh.

2. evil fizz
    evil fizz January 14, 2008 at 12:04 pm |

The one that grossed me out the most is where Hillary’s a little girl and Bill’s the pedophile daddy. That almost seems like grounds for libel.

3. preying mantis
    preying mantis January 14, 2008 at 12:17 pm |

That Rice one’s just…wow.

4. Cara
    Cara January 14, 2008 at 2:31 pm |

I have the same exact thought process with my “assholes” tag, zuzu.

5. Roxie
    Roxie January 14, 2008 at 2:58 pm |

He’s got quite the hate-on for her.

6. Bitter Scribe
    Bitter Scribe January 14, 2008 at 3:14 pm |

Oliphant is progressive in many ways. In many other ways, he’s a misogynistic, homophobic jerk.

He thinks it’s hilarious to depict feminists as Wagnerian battle-axes with horned helmets and breastplates. And I remember back in the 1970s, when there was a high-profile case of a career Air Force enlisted man trying to stay in the service after he was outed (or outed himself?) as gay. Oliphant’s take on the situation: A high-school kid complaining, “I was going to sign up, but then the sergeant winked at me!”

Yuk, yuk, yuk.

7. Natasha Yar-Routh
    Natasha Yar-Routh January 14, 2008 at 7:08 pm |

What a perfect example of anxious masculinity in action, I can almost see him grabbing his balls at the thought of Hillary Clinton as president. Poor little menz so sacred of the big bad women, they’re pathetic little boys afraid of the world. I would love to see Hillary win just to watch their heads explode.