1. Maxwell – For Lovers Only
2. Jill Scott – Sweet Justice
3. Ray Charles – Night Time (is the right time)
4. John Coltrane – My Little Brown Book
5. The Notwist – This Room
6. Yo La Tengo – Tiny Birds
7. Spoon – Believing is Art
8. Bob Dylan – Temporary Like Achilles
9. Sigur Ros – Hoppipolla
10. Tom Waits – Tango Till They’re Sore
And this week, at the request of someone who has possibly the worst taste in music ever, I give you the videos for pop songs that I secretly love but that will make our fearless leader shake her head in disgust.
First, the best of Ms. Mariah:
Beautiful B being totally insane:
And of course, my all-time favorite:
The first time I saw this video I was at the gym, and when I looked around the room, every single person was staring slack-jawed at MTV. It is pretty amazing.
Finally, this song has been stuck in my head for about two months straight, but I’m still loving it (and her in this video):