I’ve known this since freshman year of college when, for a class, I read an interview with her in which she lamented that too many black were going to school, but I’ve never said it here: Toni Morrison is a racist dumbass of monumental proportions. If you combined the worst condescending attitudes towards black people of a white liberal with an actual black person who thus has no fear of saying whatever she wants about blacks, you get Toni Morrison.
I remember in that college class I had a choice between getting an A or saying exactly what I thought of Toni Morrison in my final paper. It was an easy choice.
BTW, I learned from that same class by reading Beloved that a novel has to be some pretty atrocious crap to win both the Pulitzer and the Nobel Prize. Man did I need a Tom Clancy novel as a palate cleanser after that.
Am I the only one who has a really hard time believing that getting an A on a written assignment was ever an option for this dude? My favorite response was when a commenter corrected his use of the word “pallet”:
[No what you can do? You can shut up. It's not the most common word. -Ed.]
Not like “know.”
Of course, if your education consists of studying the fine literature of Tom Clancy, I suppose we can’t really blame you for… that.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Banning Books Only Makes Them More Lovable by Lauren September 27, 2005
- Happy Banned Book Week! by Jill September 29, 2008
- Conservatives: Supporting Anti-Intellectualism Since 1945 by Jill January 18, 2006
- Protect the Children: Hide Your Dictionary by Jill February 19, 2007
- Orson Scott Card is a hateful homophobe by Sam July 29, 2008