Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Tony
    Tony January 30, 2008 at 12:27 am |

Greece reminds me of Mexico, pretty beaches, tiny little towns, very old ruins.

2. viceabbess
    viceabbess January 30, 2008 at 11:52 am |

wow- tons of alone time in a beautiful nowhere? i am jealous…a little different, but i spent three weeks in poland on a study abroad trip, attending lectures at jagellonian and living in a hotel, and coming back to Real Life SUCKED. it sucked so bad- i was horribly depressed for weeks. on the bright side, my complete depression at my Real Life prompted me to make all kinds of changes to make it less sucky.

3. louise
    louise January 30, 2008 at 6:28 pm |

Jill, if/when you get tired of law, you would have an excellent career in scenic photography- love, love, LOVE your photos!! And have noticed you NEVER take snow shots… ;)

4. Bruce
    Bruce January 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm |

Breathtaking color. Wow.

5. louise
    louise January 31, 2008 at 8:01 am |

No, no-please no SNOW… got plenty of it here in Maine! ;)

6. Andreas
    Andreas February 5, 2008 at 9:45 am |

Well this is a surprise! I could never imagine that Legrena can be known by someone leaving outside Athens. it is even more surprising that i learnt from you (living in the US) that the building overthere was “actually” a legal organization. I had seen the signs but i thought that it was a case of some wealthy individual messing around with building permits in order to convert it later on into a house (you know, the Greek thing). What on earth were they thinking!! I could only see the analogy of building the US supreme court in Arizona dessert. Anyway, as you said, Greek system(s) are monumentaly nasty and i fully agree with you.

However, i happen to be a lawyer (working in Athens), to own a house at Legrena (further right from the wrecked hotel, if you recall, a few meters from the last beach) and i use to go there on weekends whenever its windy (for some windsurfing). Hence, i would appreciate if you could tell me what kind of legal works are taking place in this organization since it would be great opportunity to combine work and fun. In any event, now that i know what it is for sure i ‘ll inquire myself.
    By the way, i was there last weekend and it is right the way you left it.

7. Aaron
    Aaron February 29, 2008 at 12:23 am |

Hi Jill,

A little random, but any chance the organization you worked for was the EPLO? I am looking to intern there this summer (I’m a 1L currently in NY – seems along the lines of what you did) and your blog is the only relevant/helpful information I have been able to find. Is there any way you could tell me more about your experiences both with the EPLO or living in Legraina? I can send you an e-mail address or you can e-mail to the account with this posting. I would really appreciate any insight you could offer. Thanks.

8. ally
    ally May 13, 2008 at 9:36 am |

i am about to make the same trip as you did and work in the same place. can you tell me more about it?

9. Cristian
    Cristian June 6, 2008 at 12:12 pm |

Hi Jill,

Me and a couple of colleagues have an internship planned at the EPLO in Legrena and leaving for Greece in about a week. Any chance I could contact you regarding some questions we’re having with transportation?

Thank you.

PS: Aaron, looking forward in seeing you there.

10. Cristian
    Cristian June 16, 2008 at 8:00 pm |

Afraid I didn’t get your reply. Hope my e-mail didn’t stop in your spam filter.

11. Amerikanos
    Amerikanos June 29, 2008 at 4:39 am |

Legrena is a lovely place. I’d love to live in that place you lived in. But, alas, we settle for visiting the beach every summer weekend we can, and eating at that nice fish taverna on the left side of the main road departing Legrena towards Sounion. By the way, have you ever noticed that wonderful villa overlooking the sea on the cliff, right across the street from that fish taverna? It also has a secluded beach down there that you have to cross some old derelict properties but once you find it, it’s great!