Ann Coulter says she’d vote Clinton over McCain

This kind of thing means less than nothing coming from a provocateur who earns her living ruffling as many feathers as possible and blasting obnoxious, shrill opinions on the “wrong” side of whatever issue she can find. I don’t know if her angle is to blast McCain for being too middle-of-the-road on terrorism and immigration, to damn Clinton with faint praise and a toxic endorsement, or just to cause as many rolling eyes as she can. But it’s still kind of hilarious, maybe because bits and pieces of it are disturbingly accurate. Those kernels of truth are… well, they’re election-year realities, I guess. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi or Coke? Democrat or Republican?

9 comments for “Ann Coulter says she’d vote Clinton over McCain

1. February 1, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Personally, I’m just loving the fact that this is what the Republican Party is being reduced to. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

2. Mnemosyne
    February 1, 2008 at 5:02 pm

I wish I could forward this clip to the people on the Pandagon election thread who were freaking themselves out over the thought that John McCain Would Rule All because he’s so beloved by both Republicans and Democrats.

He ain’t. Much of the Republican media, including Coulter and Limbaugh, hate the guy’s guts. He may be able to win over some independents, but ironically he may end up in the same position that Democrats have been stuck into: are you going to vote for the actual liberal or the weak-kneed imitation?

3. February 1, 2008 at 6:02 pm

I’m sorry…is the apocalypse nigh?

4. February 1, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Oh the irony. This is the woman who made the off-hand remark that if we could just take away women’s rights to vote we’d never have another democrat in office…

Now Coulter’s talking about campaigning for a FEMALE DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT??

What….the….deuce?

5. jacqui583
    February 1, 2008 at 6:50 pm

While I whole-heartedly agree with your comments, do we need to use the term “shrill”? Being as it’s a put-down thrown at outspoken women – and only women – I think we can bash Anne without adding sexist put-downs into the mix.

6. February 1, 2008 at 6:58 pm

Really? I feel like I run across the word “shrill” mostly these days when people are talking about political debates, especially online, in blogs, etc. to discredit impassioned argument from relative “amateurs” regardless of their gender. In which case I think it makes perfect sense for Coulter, who’s nothing if not amateurish.

I guess one synonym would be “strident,” but it’s lacks as many negative connotations (again, regardless of gender). Ultimately I’d be in favor of using shrill for any gender (and I do) but if it seems problematic, I’d be happy to substitute strident or vitriolic.

7. February 1, 2008 at 8:21 pm

She didn’t say she’d vote for Clinton legally, mind you.

8. an anonymous kate
    February 2, 2008 at 12:15 am

Rat leaving a sinking ship?