This came up in the comments section, and I think it’s an important issue:
Random aside, does anyone have any advice for weeding out the misogynistic programing in a man? My husband is a great guy, and for the most part a feminist. Problem is he lives in the real world and has internalized a lot of the stereotypes that we’re trying to dismantle. For instance, the idea that an extremely underaged girl can consent to sex. Or upon hearing about a rape immediately wondering if she’s lying (got that one gone). Or most recently, that Hillary Clinton is a power hungry bitch.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Feministe Feedback: Dealing with sexism in social networking by Jill April 7, 2010
- Feministe Feedback – Talking to my Brother by Jill July 16, 2008
- Feministe Feedback: Suggestions for Anti-Racist Resources by Jill April 5, 2010
- Feministe Feedback – Getting Beyond U.S.-centric Feminism by Jill July 14, 2008
- Me and You and Everyone We Don’t Know: A Reflection on Discourse by Guest: Eve August 30, 2012