The bad news is that serial woman-abuser and exploitation profiteer Joe Francis is out of jail. The good news is that he is now a convicted child abuser, having pleaded no contest to a charge of felony child abuse, and a misdemeanor prostitution charge.
I think it is incumbent on all of us to say a hearty “Ha Ha! Joe Francis is a child abuser!”
What I have not seen is any discussion of whether this will require him to register as a sex offender, though I expect he will not because the top count was an abuse charge rather than a sexual assault charge. I do not know Florida law on this; I will update if anyone has specific information.
- Joe Francis, Again by Thomas April 28, 2008
- Sarah Palin: Objectively pro-sexual assault by jamelle September 8, 2008
- Maricopa County Allegedly Fails to Investigate Sexual Assault Cases by Cara May 28, 2009
- Some thoughts on “sex by surprise” by Jill December 6, 2010
- Amish wife accused of not reporting sex abuse by Jill October 19, 2009