This post has a comment section that’s making me want to tear my hair out. So not everyone sees the Vogue cover as racist. That’s fine, and there are certainly a handful of decent arguments in that thread as to why the cover isn’t what I’m seeing.
But if I have to read “The fact that you see racism means that you’re the racist!” or “We should all be colorblind like me” or “Gisele isn’t white, she’s Brazilian!” or “Why do you have to make everything about race?” one more time, I am going to throw something. I know it’s not regular Feministe readers who are bringing this kind of stupid, but it’s still kind of incredible.
You’re still welcome to think that there’s nothing wrong here; I don’t really care. But if I have to read one more comment as dumb as the ones in the previous thread, I’m going to fucking lose it. And I’m going to start banning all idiots, because I can’t take this shit.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Speechless by Cara June 5, 2009
- Miss Rosie Needs a Mirror by zuzu December 12, 2006
- Audacity indeed. by Jill October 21, 2009
- Justice? by Jill June 11, 2007
- It’s About Time: Rachel Maddow gets her own TV show by Holly August 20, 2008