Bacon Bra

The logical outcome of a society where women are viewed as meat? Feminist art? Tasty? Nasty? Or just weird?

Below the fold, just in case bacon-covered boobies are not acceptable in your workplace (or in case you can’t stand the sight of raw meat).

bacon bra, originally uploaded by bkusler.

Thanks to Bill for the link.

24 comments for “Bacon Bra

1. April 10, 2008 at 6:46 pm

When I think of edible underwear, that’s just not what I picture in my head.

2. K
    April 10, 2008 at 6:59 pm

I’m with Ginger.

Also, I don’t know why it bothers me that a completely fake bra should have no support, but why isn’t there anything beneath the breasts or a side strap? (Yes, this sounds like a “Horrible dinner and tiny portions” complaint. Not only is it, um, made of raw meat, but it doesn’t keep my breasts from flopping!)

3. Kelsey Jarboe
    April 10, 2008 at 7:22 pm

As an art student, I laughed. We have to do these kinds of things as assignments freshman year, that is, make an object out of a material that makes the object useless for its intended function, make an object out of an ironic or conceptual material, etc.

4. April 10, 2008 at 7:56 pm

zOMG armpit hair! AAAHhhh!!

(ahem.)

There’s probably no wrap-around strap because it has nothing to hang on. Her positioning is imperative to that thing staying afloat. So to speak.

5. April 10, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Ew… Ginger, I’m guessing there is no support because it was hard enough getting it to stay together as it it is. I imagine that she was thinking, “If they have to spend another half hour sewing strips of bacon together against my skin, I’m going to vomit.”

I know I would.

6. She-cago
    April 10, 2008 at 11:20 pm

erm, I sort of did that once myself. Not a full bra, more like bacon pasties. It was fun. And the bacon felt cool. Weird idea suddenly popped out there. At first I was a bit nervous an ex had venomously posted me into the internets! Thankfully, it’s someone else’s bacon bra :-)

7. April 10, 2008 at 11:45 pm

What armpit hair? Looks shaved to me.

8. exholt
    April 11, 2008 at 12:26 am

Two thoughts:

1. I can’t imagine how having bacon sit on one’s body would be anything but disgusting.

2. What a waste of good bacon.

9. April 11, 2008 at 12:51 am

What armpit hair? Looks shaved to me.

Ah, but there is stubble. And stubble is surely a sign of feminazi infiltration. Or something.

10. StarStorm
    April 11, 2008 at 4:48 am

… my first thought is “I want some bacon now”. My second thought is “That wouldn’t work…”

Now ice cream or chocolate…

11. April 11, 2008 at 8:41 am

What’s not to like? I mean, it serves no practical purpose and is certainly not the kind of thing you’d wear in most settings, but you could say the same thing about the Hope Diamond.

12. Hawise
    April 11, 2008 at 10:01 am

What can I say, my first thought was that the color looked good against her skin. My second was umm breakfast…

13. Ted
    April 11, 2008 at 11:03 am

In all fairness I like bacon and I like breasts – so it should work….

14. Em
    April 11, 2008 at 12:50 pm

I guess this would be a bad time to share my bacon fantasy.

15. April 11, 2008 at 2:23 pm

I get that it is probably intended to evoke these exact reactions, but this image just disgusts me on several different levels.

16. prairielily
    April 11, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Or a sign that one is genetically blessed with dark body hair that grows very quickly. But I guess that would be a sign that one is probably a POC, and that’s almost as bad. Or something.

17. Jasi
    April 11, 2008 at 6:46 pm

It doesn’t look healthy, comfortable or clean. The germ freak in me is already lathering up. Eww.

I get the artsy-ness of it. I guess the association of women as meat (as you say) is the one that hits first and it makes me uncomfortable on a deeper level to see a model sit and either meat herself or be meat-ed. If that makes any sense at all.

18. Aura Kitten
    April 11, 2008 at 9:01 pm

I like bacon … and I’m a huge fan of breasts… my only concern is, HOW IS SHE GOING TO COOK IT?!! OMFG! O.o

19. Dianne
    April 12, 2008 at 11:48 am

All I have to say is “ick.”

20. April 12, 2008 at 11:17 pm

I don’t go to art school but “school project!” immediately popped into my head too.

I like it, whatever it is.

21. Lorelei
    April 13, 2008 at 4:05 pm

from the flickr it came from:

“as long as they’re cropped” she said i can publish the pictures of the present she gave me for christmas.

i don’t really know how the idea came up… at some point after too many tequilas and my friend talking about how to get more men interested in her, someone said, “wait, men love bacon and boobs, why not combine the two? that’s a million dollar idea right there!”

everyone laughed but it never came up again until christmas — in the middle of the party my friend makes her grand entrance modeling her new prototype — victorias secret, you interested? :P

22. Sniper
    April 13, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Doesn’t have anything on Jana Sterbak.

23. April 14, 2008 at 5:20 pm

ech. I can’t say I’m a fan.