1. adolescent gamer
    adolescent gamer April 10, 2008 at 2:24 am |

Captain, I am detecting large amounts of Win in this sector. — Spock

2. lesbian bdsm game? « Devastating Yet Inconsequential

[...] April 2008 by devastatingyet I haven’t tried it yet, but Mighty Jill Off could be [...]

3. Kirsten
    Kirsten April 10, 2008 at 1:58 pm |

Damn you. I have an exam in a week. I do not need evil procrastination things.

4. XtinaS
    XtinaS April 10, 2008 at 5:35 pm |

You’re trying to kill us all, aren’t you?

5. Feministe » This has not been a good week for woman of color blogging

[...] racism on Feministe. Compared to many radical WOC bloggers out there, I am a wuss who would rather toss out softballs about weird little video games and there’s a reason for that. I would have quit the blogosphere months ago if I tackled race [...]

6. XtinaS
    XtinaS April 10, 2008 at 6:33 pm |

15:5?  Seems there’s a code blip about zero-fills.

In other news, aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  That was a good game.  I think I managed to swear four or five times, which is good in my book.

7. XtinaS
    XtinaS April 10, 2008 at 6:33 pm |

“My time was ’15:5′?”, rather.  Cusséd sleeplessnessitude.

8. violet
    violet April 10, 2008 at 6:42 pm |

I see that part of the masochistic allure is that you must be running Windows in some capacity to even play.

Clever, clever.

9. XtinaS
    XtinaS April 10, 2008 at 6:45 pm |

violet, and others sans Windows:

Go ye forth and check out DOSBox.  (I assume, I know, that MJO runs in DOS proper; haven’t checked.)

In fact, that’s a fab link for those with Windows, as well – oftentimes DOSBox has things (drivers? stuff?) for running older games that the newer versions of Windows don’t.

/geek

10. StarStorm
    StarStorm April 11, 2008 at 5:39 am |

Interesting game, really, but it gets a bit repetitive.

And by “repetitive” I mean “JESUS CHRIST STOP WITH THE GODDAMN SWITCHBACKS”. I fully realize that it’s the only way to make some of the traps work, but come on. I mean, it’s frustration through tedium. It’s almost sadis- heeeey…

Anyways, time: 21:25.

11. When the Queen says "jump," Jill says "how high?" | MetaFilter

[...] and jumping past fire, and dying, and dying, and dying . . . Good old-fashioned fun, really. (via) posted by Countess Elena (8 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite IF YOU HAVE [...]

12. Cr
    Cr April 13, 2008 at 8:29 am |

Holly: Been a while since I been to the Yoyo Games site but I recall them saying they’re developing a Mac version of Game Maker and possibly for other platforms in the future. Whether it’ll be easy enough for one version of GM to create an executable of a game for another (for example the PC GM to make a version of the game to run on a Mac) I’m not yet sure about.

13. Patrick
    Patrick April 13, 2008 at 1:25 pm |

I think you’ll find this review has a similar perspective:

14. daphny
    daphny April 23, 2008 at 11:28 am |

my ma’am makes awesome videogames, doesn’t she

15. Jonathan
    Jonathan June 3, 2008 at 2:45 am |

Cr, it looks like the game code itself is interpreted, and the runtime just wraps the game in the same fashion as an InstallShield-type installer (well, that’s how I’d do it, and that’s how Garry Kitchen’s GameMaker from back in the day did it).