The Bush administration violated federal law last year when it restricted states’ ability to provide health insurance to children of middle-income families, and its new policy is therefore unenforceable, lawyers from the Government Accountability Office said Friday.
Anti-choice Republicans were concerned that the children’s health care program would “crowd out” private insurer’s ability to make lots of money. And so the White House rejected a proposal from New York that would have covered an additional 70,000 children.
Gotta love the GOP: Where the concern for life ends at birth.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Bush A*&holery continues re: SCHIP by bean August 20, 2007
- Bush v. Children by Jill September 17, 2007
- Abortion and Health Care: Is there common ground? by Jill August 10, 2009
- Pro-Life Politicians: Every fetus is an incredibly valuable human life with rights that trump all others. Until it’s born. Then the little bastard’s on its own. by Jill July 20, 2007
- Virginia Pro-Lifers Work to Increase the Abortion Rate by Jill March 5, 2008