Opinions among feminist about sex work vary widely, but I think we probably all agree about one thing: no just system would make things worse for the women that do the sex work, than for the men who act as customers. Yet, this blog has covered before, in this case, the johns were spared public humiliation, but the sex workers were dragged up on the stand and asked painfully invasive questions. This is not the first suicide in the case; according to the story, one of the women who worked for the service previously killed herself. A culture that puts women in a position of doing sex work and then so shames them and persecutes them for it that they take their own lives is deeply sick.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Speak For Yourself by Thomas April 28, 2008
- The Sex Workers Rights Thing: An Overview by Ren August 18, 2008
- We take a brief moment to rant on about terminology with regards to sex work… by Ren August 23, 2008
- Sex Work Activism: Two- Decriminalization by Ren August 20, 2008
- The White Liberal “Feminism” of Tina Fey and Baby Mama by Constintina September 4, 2009