Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

Getting this up a little late. Self-promote away!

(For the newbies: In the comments, link to a blog post — or several blog posts — that you’ve written recently, along with a short description of the post(s). Please don’t just link to your whole blog. Have fun!)

About Jill

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday

1. meggygurl says:

My reaction to the CA Supreme court ruling.

In summery: it’s good. But we shouldn’t stop pushing now. Now is the time to push harder.

2. Miss Nomered says:

On the irony of anti-sex work feminism.
    (Yes, I know it’s controversial. Argue away – just be respectful, k?)

3. Fellow-ette says:

I eulogized Nuala O’Faolain and reviewed Sula, by Toni Morrison.

4. lindabeth says:

I had a light week this week…

I wrote about the DeAnza/”insufficient evidence” rape case and about the Obama/sweetie comments: part 1 and part 2.

5. Sam says:

For all you latent hockey fans—and I know there’s some—I’ve been criticizing Don Cherry’s awful fashion choices during the playoff season.

6. Sarah J says:

Wrote about why “experience” was the wrong choice for Hillary Clinton’s campaign theme.

About monsters, and how we make our political opponents into them.

7. Jamelle says:

I’m still annoyed with the kid glove treatment John McCain is receiving from the Beltway press.

8. I wrote a review of the film “Flawless.”

As well as some articles about the Washington University Commencement this past weekend.

9. Donna says:

I want to send some women of color to the Allied Media Conference in Detroit next month, and I bet you want to too!

10. feministgal says:

I wrote about the DQ commercial and had a hell of a week dealing with weight discrimination and trolls…

11. Jay says:

I wrote about booze, babies and the intersection of politics, feminism, and public health policy here and here.

And I threw away a travel mug and wrote about it. Really.

12. queerunity says:

I blogged about the different political camps of Queer Liberationists versus Gay Assimilationists…

13. Hello!

Preach the word, Sister Girlfriend.
    , about the lack of women making and starring in movies.

Courting the fictional chimpanzee vote, about the Curious George for Obama t-shirt.

Musings from a black woman: Why I won’t watch Iron Man, about my problems with supporting a Robert Downey, Jr., movie.

I smile less, and I’m getting more rude., about the CNN catcalling article by Anna Jane Grossman, and the incendiary comments that followed.

14. CatherineJay says:

I did a wrap-up of the latest Australian federal budget from a femiist perspective.

Budget Wrap-Up

15. Kathy G. says:

This week, I’ve written about this week include:

1. The great gospel singer, guitar virtuoso, and rock and roller avant la lettre, Sister Rosetta Tharpe:–1.html

2. The great 17th century woman artist, Artemisia Gentileschi:

3. The egregious Phyllis Schlafly:

4. The egregious Camille Paglia:

16. C. says:

I wrote about gaming commercials and the difference in how they portray women between companies

and also why gamers are so quick to ignore accusations of sexism.

17. Saorla says:

I just posted on the appalling story of a 7 year old child you got kicked out of school for being HIV positive. It is a disgrace

18. ouyangdan says:

when asked what was the best compliment i have ever received, i had an unusual response.

19. Lindsay says:

I bitched at CNN for the headline “Hillary Clinton hears sermon on adultery,” loved on my Princess Leia and Smart Women Thirst For Knowledge coffee cups, wondered why a personal finance blog author wanted blond hair and cleavage, and plus the obligatory Sex and the City post.

20. lindabeth says:

hey nolittlelolita…do you have a way that non-livejournal users can comment? Or at least contact you? I noticed the “openID” option is off on your page :-(

21. Ethan says:

My blog’s been all about the sexist, homo- and trans-phobic undertones to consumer-alert articles on synthetic estrogens–the headlines are often about chemicals ‘feminizing’ effect on boys, while the fact that many of these chemicals cause breast cancer gets mentioned as an afterthought. I published Rebecca Hammond’s excellent essay about biphenol-a, which is used to make plastic baby bottles (it’s the chemical Nalgene just promised to give up), and I took apart a right-wing blogger for asserting that soy makes children gay.

22. C. says:

Lindabeth, I never noticed that. I’ll fix it now.

23. Mike says:

The only substantial (i.e., non-round or newsy) blogging I did was on the failure of the Labour government’s social policies. Not desperately interesting to most readers outside the UK, I would imagine.

24. arielladrake says:

There’s a call for papers out from the Journal of Advertising on Advertising and Violence & Abuse which some of the more academically-oriented folk may be interested in.

25. Lauredhel says:

The Femmobolshostroppo Carnival is on! A retrospective of 40 favourite feminist blog posts from 2007.

Also, I discuss a photo of a policewomen breastfeeding orphaned babies in China in “Face of rescue: Women’s work“; and there’s this finding from the latest Medical Journal of Australia: “Journalwatch: Indigenous people with lung cancer receive less treatment, die sooner“.

26. Buy a Hillary Clinton nutcracker and witness the power of her stainless steel thighs!

Mashed potatoes three ways.

My marinara sauce odyssey (to be continued).

27. Nancy Gruver says:

Hi there! This is Nancy Gruver, founder and CEO of New Moon, and I love being able to see what everyone’s been blogging about on this “Shamless Self-Promotion Sunday.” Thanks so much for hosting this, Jill!

I host a blog called Girl Media Maven, for adults who care about girls and girls’ issues. Recently, I wrote about e-nudity and self-objectification, posted my WFMN interview about the Vanity Fair Miley Cyrus photo, and commented on the fact that advertisers are selling padded bras to 7 year olds.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I’m off to check out all your wonderful posts.

28. Faith says:

@ habladora: I also wrote about racism in Iron Man! I’m glad that there are others who see the racism in the film too. :)

29. Yonmei says:

I wrote: Orson Scott Card is a misogynistic homophobic wanker on the feministsf blog, in reference to his screed (or do I mean scream?) against J. K. Rowling.

And going back a bit further: The Midwich Miscarriages, about a 1950s novel by John Wyndham.

30. Colleen says:

This wasn’t technically this week, but I’ve been wrapped up in finals and posting’s been spotty, so I’ll highlight the fact that I called out a transphobic Salon review of a movie about an intersex teen.

31. Renee says:

Well I just found this so I am really late. This last week I really focused on bodies that matter. I blogged about the case of a man who received a one day sentence for killing a prositute

I also blogged about FGM and the rights of children.

And finally a post about black male sexual entitlement in reference to a book entitled Don’t Blame It On Rio.

32. Sally Turtle says:

Still haven’t posted anything new since last week’s post about dealing with half-recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. I plan on getting something new up in the next couple of days.

33. Reacting to the NYT’s piece about love in Saudi Arabia.

And looking at Muslim manga.

34. Lisa says:

Hi there!

I am late for Shameless Self-Promotion Sunday!! *LOL* Oh how I looove to promote ME, me, me!! *LOL*

At my blog, there have been two interesting conversations of note at my blog, Black Women Blow The Trumpet dot Blogspot dot Com:

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!

35. Smartpatrol says:

Found these two Gems: the first on what Clinton supporters need to do & the second on what Obama supporters need to not do

36. Danakitty says:

I graduated from college this weekend and thought I’d reflect a bit on the privilege.

Also, now that I’m jobless and out of school, I have more time to update that blog (The Privilege Project) so I’m looking for blogs and blog posts about privilege, if anyone wants to help me find them and build onto this site. Any suggestions/comments/questions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

37. Kelsey Jarboe says:

Danakitty– No time to write a long comment now, but that’s a neat project.

38. Ruana says:

Thanks for posting the rules, Jill – I am a noob.

This is a dissection of some of the blunders I perceived in the blog of one Nadine Dorries MP, after she initially came to my attention via what I thought were some rather bigoted comments on abortion.

Her bid to have the abortion limit reduced was voted down. Oh sweet schadenfreude…

39. Pingback: Introducing the Announcements Thread! at Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture