1. Daomadan
    Daomadan June 5, 2008 at 10:53 am |

You weren’t kidding about needing hankies. Thanks for the incredible link. I’ll make sure to share this one.

2. L-K
    L-K June 5, 2008 at 11:22 am |

Jeebus, this isn’t the way I wanted to start my morning at work. I should have paid closer attention to your last sentence. The one about the woman and her baby hit me the hardest.

I’ll definitely forward this on as well as put it on my blog, and I’ll definitely put in bold the hankie part.

Thanks Cara

3. juju
    juju June 5, 2008 at 12:15 pm |

The “so get your hankies” line can’t be stressed strongly enough. Don’t try reading this at work.

4. theotterkid
    theotterkid June 5, 2008 at 1:03 pm |

I’m forwarding this to everyone I know.

5. annaham
    annaham June 5, 2008 at 1:41 pm |

wow. these are incredible.

the one about the teacher saving his students (#8) had me in tears.

6. Magniloquence
    Magniloquence June 5, 2008 at 1:54 pm |

Shit. I work at a school now, and I’m sitting in my office sniffling and trying to hold in tears. The thought of my little girls getting trapped like that… oh, it’s unbearable.

I feel like I should post these somewhere, but I think it would turn the teacher’s lounge into a sniffling mess.

7. Alexandr
    Alexandr June 5, 2008 at 2:02 pm |

Wow. That is just devastating.

Thanks for the link.

8. Idiot celebrity and privileged ignorance « Modern Mitzvot

[…] this thread at Feministe, I discovered these comics depicting stories of the Chinese earthquakes, and that got […]

9. Holly
    Holly June 5, 2008 at 5:41 pm |

Oh man, you are right about #6. I shouldn’t have read this at work, I can’t stop tearing up.

10. Jha
    Jha June 5, 2008 at 6:05 pm |

I found it a few days before this, but it just never ends its hold on me… I REALLY need to learn to have a tissue box by me. I linked on my LJ, and within 24 hours, a troll came out. Some people are just assholes.

11. zombieprincess
    zombieprincess June 5, 2008 at 7:05 pm |

That is the most moving, saddest thing collection of stories I have seen in ages. Thank you for sharing. I’m going to give my son the biggest hug ever when he gets home.

12. Bitter Scribe
    Bitter Scribe June 5, 2008 at 10:42 pm |

How horrible. What courage these people showed. God, the human spirit is just incredible sometimes.

13. Dana
    Dana June 5, 2008 at 11:49 pm |

Good god. I’m usually not very tearful about human tragedies: animal abuse makes me cry, human abuse just makes me angry.

This though? I fucking cried for every single one. It’s just so overwhelming.

14. saikungreader
    saikungreader June 6, 2008 at 1:25 am |

For a collection of moving photos from the Sichuan earthquake zone, visit Roland Soong’s siteEast South West North – Earthquake Photos

15. Alison
    Alison June 6, 2008 at 12:26 pm |

Oh gosh, I’m such an idiot — I read ‘comic’ and immediately think ‘funny.’ When I saw the picture you posted, I was all ready to be up in arms about someone making a joke or something awful… Thanks for clearing that up for me, I’m slow sometimes.

OT: I read the first three and I have tears streaming down my face. I will go back and read the rest later, I don’t think I can do it all at once.

Thanks for the link.

16. China Earthquake « Antithodoxy
    China Earthquake « Antithodoxy June 7, 2008 at 2:28 am |

[…] From Feministe, I found this extremely sad, moving series of comic strips depicting rescue stories from the […]

17. Raffi
    Raffi June 19, 2008 at 11:01 am |

Link correction: Coco Wang moved the strips here: http://earthquakestrips.blogspot.com/

Blogger’s servers can probably better handle all the attention these strips have been getting.

18. ElevenTwentyNine: Capitol Hopping » Stories from China’s Deadly Earthquake