My name is Mahlena-Rae Johnson. I’ll be guest-blogging here for the next two weeks, and I’m very excited. Thank you, Jill!
Some of you may be familiar with the site I run at SteveThePenguin.com, where I blog about pop culture and politics. This year I self-published my first novel, Steve the Penguin. It’s about a young Hollywood assistant named Bianca who goes home to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, for her ten-year high school reunion. I’m currently working on the first sequel, Hot Penguin Action, as well as the YA spin-off series about Bianca’s multiracial Mormon niece, Sage Dempsey.
Here are six random fun facts about me:
1. I have seen every episode of The Golden Girls, some more than five times.
2. I own the complete Sex and the City series on DVD, but I hated the movie.
3. I heart Al Gore.
4. I have traveled to at least 30 US cities, and 22 different countries, including Barbados, Canada, France, Greece, Jamaica, Martinique, Spain and Venezuela.
5. My big goal in life is to create a broadband television network for young women, so they don’t have to feel bad about themselves anymore. Not every teenager wants to be a Pussycat Doll.
6. I’ve called myself a feminist since I was 14, but I have actually been a feminist all my life.
What are some fun facts about you readers?