but I feel your pain:
Starbucks to close 600 US stores, rein in growth, by Jessica Mintz, AP.
I remember a day when Starbucks could do no wrong. When Lewis Black could rant about building a Starbucks across from another Starbucks. Then came the $1 coffee, and I knew there was trouble a-brewing. Ha! When you’re positioned as a company that provides a distinctive experience for the discriminating coffee enthusiast, and your top competition starts coming from McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts, there’s a problem. It’s not entirely the fault of the Starbucks corporation. With gas prices rising literally every day, fewer Americans can continue to afford $5 coffees.
I don’t have a solution to the problem with the American economy. No, wait, I do. Stop the illegal occupation of Iraq and the underfunded war in Afghanistan, and prosecute the oligarchy of oil companies for price gouging. That would help me.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Oh, I’ve noticed. by Mr. J July 4, 2008
- Unions, Women and Fair Labor Practices: Why the Employee Free Choice Act is a Feminist Issue by Jill April 3, 2009
- In Honor of Fair Pay Day by Jill April 28, 2009
- dangerous thinking by Little Light September 16, 2009
- Opt Out, Push Out, and Pink Collar Paths by Octogalore August 6, 2008