Trigger warning applies.
We know that McCain supports dudes who joke about rape being like the weather (“you might as well lay back and enjoy it”). We know he mocked 17-year-old Chelsea Clinton for being ugly, and said that Janet Reno was her father (ha. ha). So we know he’s a jerk with no sense of humor. But he’s also apparently fond of the occasional rape joke:
Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contently and to feebly ask, ‘Where is that marvelous ape?’
…yeah. That’s our potential future president.
- Shorter Seth Rogan: Rape is Hilarious by Jill April 13, 2009
- While Palin was mayor, Wasilla billed rape victims for their rape kits by Jill September 8, 2008
- You’re not a rape victim unless the police say so by Jill April 9, 2010
- Texas Charges Victims for Rape Kits by Cara May 9, 2009
- On “Rape by Deception” by Jill July 22, 2010