Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. Cecily
    Cecily August 10, 2008 at 11:42 pm |

Ha! Halfway down is an article about Jessica Valenti’s new book.

Seriously though. Arrgh.

2. SoE
    SoE August 11, 2008 at 2:38 am |

Why on earth does the “money and work” section have this picture of a woman in towels sipping coffee in a spa? Another hint that a woman’s job is to spend that money??

3. Mary Tracy9
    Mary Tracy9 August 11, 2008 at 5:58 am |

OMG! The Onion Video was HILARIOUS!!! Thanks!

4. anna
    anna August 11, 2008 at 9:51 am |

Surely all women are going to wear earrings eventually, without question.

Seriously, WTF?

5. Stephanie - Green SAHM
    Stephanie - Green SAHM August 11, 2008 at 12:52 pm |

Ugh! I checked that site out a few months ago and left quickly. At home mom I may be, but I run a business from there and sometimes out earn my husband. Talk about making the most of it!

So many of the people commenting on the stay at home article have no idea what they’re talking about when they go on about the history of women staying at home. Used to be much harder work than it is now! Certainly not a simple or gentler lifestyle. But they think back to the ’50s and take that for the eternal reality.

6. Kyra
    Kyra August 12, 2008 at 11:41 pm |

Ugh.

I’ll stick with Yahoo!Finance, Yahoo!Autos, and Yahoo!Travel, thank you very much.

Way to stereotype, Yahoo. And while we’re on the subject of being annoyed with you, why in all hell do you flood the image-search results with pictures from Flickr, which doesn’t let you save or otherwise use the pictures? No matter what I search for these days, I have to wade through several pages before I find even one picture I can save! This annoys me.

You own Flickr, don’t you, Yahoo? Either make Flickr photos savable, or quit presenting them as viable image search results.

/tangent.

7. Nandini
    Nandini August 14, 2008 at 6:22 am |

ooooooooooooh i was reading an article there http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/dating-diaries-how-to-speak-male-during-a-breakup-232908/
    same boring shit about how men are these dumb creature and women must walk on egg shells or be really creative with communicating or the men will never get it. yes about stereotypes and double standards. but the funny (i laughed) thing is that the book that they recommend for the day is jessica valenti’s ‘He is a Stud, She is a Slut’. The irony gave me a much needed laughter!