Target Women: Birth Control

Note to self: just post these as soon as they come out, because Sarah Haskins is always funny as hell. Doot-doo-doo-doot!

12 comments for “Target Women: Birth Control

1. Incubusion
    August 11, 2008 at 1:05 am

Medicinal garlic for the red werewolf!

What do you mean it stops babies?

Screw the babies, people don’t have sex! Red werewolf!

2. mk
    August 11, 2008 at 9:49 am

Holly, thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea Sarah was doing this and I’m thrilled to see her tagged as Women We Love–other alums from our college improv group will be getting this link STAT.

3. August 11, 2008 at 10:34 am

mk, did you see that there are five more on the same website? They’re all gems. I especially liked “Yogurt.”

4. August 11, 2008 at 10:55 am

I have such a girl crush on her

5. August 11, 2008 at 11:02 am

fucking awesome- what is this womon’s website?

6. mk
    August 11, 2008 at 11:04 am

@Holly- Yup, just watched them all. (Including her stint as election updater.) I love it when people I know get (sort of) famous!

7. Becca
    August 11, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Haha, I love it!

8. brista
    August 12, 2008 at 1:37 am

Wow. I guess I’ve had blinders on or something since I’ve honestly never ever noticed the fact that birth control commercials don’t actually mention the birth control aspect, other than vague “98% effective!” blurbs.

There is one commercial (not for a pill, something else) that features a quintessential suburban family hanging out on the front lawn by the minivan and the parents chat about how they are so sure they don’t want to have any more kids. That’s the only one I can think of that actually mentions the ‘prevent pregnancy’ aspect and the only reason I remember this is because the voice-over dude advises that only women who have already had children should consider that method.

I do hate the Nuva-Ring creepy Sim swimmers commercial. It’s just so…odd. Kind of like The Polar Express.

9. August 12, 2008 at 3:29 am

I think ‘yogurt’ is still my favorite, but these are all hilarious. And the Evil Sluts are all sending each other NuvaRing ecards now.

10. prairielily
    August 12, 2008 at 10:31 am

The first time I watched “Yogurt” was right after my mother made me go to the grocery store to buy her yogurt. She was wearing her grey hoody. It was so beautiful that it brought tears of hysterical laughter to my eyes.

11. Heathor
    August 13, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Are the Nuva Ring advertisers out of their minds? “Break free” from a tiny pill you swallow every day by instead seeing your doctor EVERY MONTH to have a plastic ring put in place? I’m pretty sure I don’t know anyone who’d be stupid enough to think a doctor visit every four weeks is more convenient than swallowing a small pill.

12. August 13, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Heathor, you put in your own ring every week.