Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Cara
    Cara October 30, 2008 at 11:22 am |

There are mac n’ cheese joints in NYC? God, I need to move there immediately.

2. anna
    anna October 30, 2008 at 11:37 am |

It’s great to hear of their success, but sadly their tactic only works because (and is based on the idea that) nobody wants to see old or fat women naked. Which is not true and not a really pro-woman message to send IMHO.

3. victoria
    victoria October 30, 2008 at 12:02 pm |

I’m with Anna.

4. Shinobi42
    Shinobi42 October 30, 2008 at 12:42 pm |

Based on the song, I agree with Anna. “not even Dick Cheney wants to see his granny’s titties in the breeze.” Mmmm body positivity at its finest.

Also, Jill if you’re ever in Chicago I highly recommend the Mac and Cheese at Cullen’s on Southport and HopHouse on Clark.

5. Scarlett
    Scarlett October 30, 2008 at 5:02 pm |

It would also have been more impressive if they’d managed to spell the largest city in Australia correctly in the big final image. (It’s ‘Sydney’, not ‘Sidney’, FTR).

6. CartoonCoyote
    CartoonCoyote October 30, 2008 at 6:46 pm |

I’m definitely checking out S’MAC next time I’m in NYC; the Buffalo Chicken Mac is calling my name as we speak.

They used to have a dish at TGIFriday’s called “Grown-Up Mac ‘n’ Cheese”: bacon, mushrooms and three kinds of cheese topped off with two chicken breasts. And wouldn’t you know it? The fuckers took it off the menu!

7. Bagelsan
    Bagelsan October 30, 2008 at 9:43 pm |

“not even Dick Cheney wants to see his granny’s titties in the breeze.”

I gave that the no-one-wants-to-see-family-members-naked benefit of the doubt. But that was maybe a bit generous…

8. Kelsey Jarboe
    Kelsey Jarboe October 31, 2008 at 11:46 am |

This is amazing.

9. Kelsey Jarboe
    Kelsey Jarboe October 31, 2008 at 5:32 pm |

And I don’t think it’s anti-woman, I think they are managing to mock the standard of beauty while demanding action for their cause. To me, it seems like two birds with one stone.

10. sashe mishurr
    sashe mishurr November 2, 2008 at 6:32 pm |

Naked ladies are wonderful.

A positive comment not anti woman in any way. Kelsey Jarboe is exactly
    right.

11. Ancientdiva
    Ancientdiva November 9, 2008 at 3:15 pm |

What a wonderful example of Folk Music! Trust me, I am an old, not quite naked woman for peace! So certainly no offense taken here at all.

12. desensitizer
    desensitizer February 4, 2009 at 11:11 am |

Don’t you all have a sense of humor???

13. cassandra
    cassandra February 21, 2009 at 7:40 pm |

i am gettin older(by the minute) and i have earned every extra pound and wrinkle and if i want to dance naked in the moonlight and chant for peace NOTHINGis going to stop me, hairy legs and all, i lo

ve my old scarred body for what it is–gets me around, and its a lot easier now that mere superficial beauty is no longer a given. Thumbs up for old naked women, fat or skinny, for peace!