A octopus has caused havoc in his aquarium by performing juggling tricks using his fellow occupants, smashing rocks against the glass and turning off the power by shortcircuiting a lamp.
Staff believe that the octopus called Otto had been annoyed by the bright light shining into his aquarium and had discovered he could extinguish it by climbing onto the rim of his tank and squirting a jet of water in its direction.
The short-circuit had baffled electricians as well as staff at the Sea Star Aquarium in Coburg, Germany, who decided to take shifts sleeping on the floor to find out what caused the mysterious blackouts.
“Once we saw him juggling the hermit crabs in his tank, another time he threw stones against the glass damaging it. And from time to time he completely re-arranges his tank to make it suit his own taste better – much to the distress of his fellow tank inhabitants.”
I don’t know why I find this endlessly entertaining, but I do.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- “This excessive concern for little weasels is a sickness.” by Jill November 17, 2007
- The Animal Game by Jill August 30, 2007
- Need: The Life of Christ in Cats by Jill February 4, 2009
- Humor Break by zuzu July 29, 2006
- Duck comes back from dead, again by Jill January 29, 2007