The message at the bottom reads: Becoming a donor is probably your only chance to get inside her.
Nice way to objectify women to get across your “altruistic” message, suggest that women are only good for “getting inside of,” imply that women who don’t fit the above ideal of (poorly photoshopped) beauty aren’t quite as deserving of life, and portray men as so shallow that this is the only way to get them to do a good thing, all at the same time. It’s really quite impressive.
And yet, while I really do want to be pissed at this level of objectification, condescension and sexism, and on some level I am, I’m ultimately just incredibly bemused. I mean, who the hell thought this was a good idea?
Also, let’s just consider the menz for a minute, can we? Think about it. You’re some poor guy who donates your organs for the purpose of showing the world how very macho and heterosexual you are, and then you die and your organs go to — oh noes — another man! That would, like, make you totally gay, dude!
Or, um . . . something. I don’t know, I find homophobia almost as confusing as heterosexuality so insecure and compulsory that it requires comparing organ donation with a sex act.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Well gee, I think I’ll go get that pap smear after all by Cara June 18, 2009
- Why I Hate Filling Out Forms by Queen Emily July 1, 2009
- The Super Bowl and Madison Avenue Misogyny by Jill February 8, 2010
- I think I can taste some misogyny in this water. by Chally March 16, 2010
- Arizona Funding Cuts Cause Patients to Be Dropped From Transplant Lists by Cara December 6, 2010