Rick Warren is an anti-gay, anti-choice bigot. He was pro-Proposition 8, and has promoted the idea that same-sex marriage rights would mean that pastors could be censored for “hate-speech.” He regularly compares abortion to the Holocaust.
Greg at TPM is right: This decision gives Warren a huge platform, implies that he’s a moderate, and suggests that his views represent those of Christian Americans, regardless of political affiliation. Warren has said that the main difference between himself and James Dobson is tone.
This is not the “change” that most of us were hoping for.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Ladies, let’s get the painful part over first! by Jill December 18, 2008
- I cannot believe I’m writing this headline, but no, Obama is not the Antichrist. Better luck next election. by Jill September 22, 2008
- Obama, the first female president? by Nisha Chittal July 2, 2010
- Bamboozling the Etheridges by Holly December 23, 2008
- …why is this controversial? by Jill March 14, 2009