While discussing dating etiquette for boys to a small extent, it mostly explains how good girls and bad girls each behave — with good girls of course going out of their way to “look nice” and make everyone around them feel comfortable. Perhaps most importantly of all, it explains how the girls who “park with all the boys” aren’t really popular, but just think they are. Of course, going parking with a girl they’re not committed to seemingly does not not cause the boys’ popularity to suffer. But hey, they do have to pay for everything on the dates.
Rigid gender role policing for all involved — what nice, wholesome fun.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- It’s ain’t easy being television’s most eligible transsexual bachelorette… by Holly March 1, 2008
- Dating While Feminist by Jill March 26, 2010
- Boy Scrubbing for Fun and Profit? by Holly March 6, 2008
- Lego President of the United States by Cara January 17, 2009
- Women, Power and Politics Exhibit at The International Museum of Women by Cara February 5, 2009