Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. Cara
    Cara December 29, 2008 at 4:56 pm |

For those interested, I just put up a post at The Curvature today about how you can help the woman who was gang-raped with well-wishes and donations.

2. MalkuthSephira
    MalkuthSephira December 29, 2008 at 5:03 pm |

Those last lines in the golfer article, just… The level of rage inspired *literally* caused my body temperature to rise. I am significantly hotter than I was a few moments ago. That is wrong on *so* many levels I don’t even know where to start.

3. evil_fizz
    evil_fizz December 29, 2008 at 5:15 pm |

I am going to lurk back on the Men’s Health thread. My head can’t take quite this much bouncing on my desk. *sigh*

Why does the world have to be so obnoxious?

4. Han
    Han December 29, 2008 at 8:27 pm |

This has been a week of such sad news (though I suppose it’s always this way). I was feeling so glum, but I arrived home to find my copy of “Yes Means Yes!” waiting at the door. It brightened my day, and I look forward to reading something inspirational.

5. wayloopy
    wayloopy December 30, 2008 at 11:04 am |

The genital cutting photos were so heartbreaking. The poor little girl went form expecting a party to being changed forever. The smiles in the first few photos haunt me.

6. annie0313
    annie0313 December 30, 2008 at 8:19 pm |

The pictures at the girl’s mutilation weren’t nearly graphic enough to portray the horror that is visited on those dear children. The pictures made it look like little more than a baby tooth being extracted – a later picture of little girls tucked in their blankies as though at a slumber party – when the reality is that those little girls have been tortured and robbed of a lifetime of humanity. If this is what is shown to the parliament to encourage the outlaw of such a barbaric practice, it’s no wonder they’re stalling and not taking it seriously.