Rebecca Skloot notifies us via email that someone just leaked some government documents to her that include the previously unreleased wording of the new government regulations: They have banned all service animals other than dogs (initially they’d said they’d allow other commonly domesticated species like cats and birds). Specifically it says, “animal means dog,” which may effectively outlaw the use of other animals for service for people with disabililties.
- Illinois Legislation Would Prevent Forcible Sterilizations of People With Disabilities by Cara March 2, 2009
- If you’re in California… by Jill October 15, 2008
- CFS: The Body as a Site of Discrimination by Cara November 15, 2008
- I’m being taken over by the fear by Queen Emily July 5, 2009
- NC Panel Recommends Reparations for Victims of Forcible Sterilization by Cara December 22, 2008