You know the drill: Set your mp3 player to “shuffle” and post the first 10 songs that come up.
Friday Video for the inauguration edition was suggested by my dad, who is a regular Feministe reader (hi dad!) and big Curtis Mayfield fan:
1. The Pogues – Boys From The Country Hell
2. Jully Black – You Changed
3. Quiero Club – Showtime
4. Tom Waits – That’s The Way
5. Bill Evans Trio – Lover Man
6. Mos Def – Habitat
7. The Decemberists – Oceanside
8. Mark Lanegan – Morning Glory Wine
9. Elvis Costello – Little Triggers
10. Thelonious Monk Quartet – Nutty
And yeah, ok, this one is old, and I know we’ve already moved into the Obama-criticism stage (I’m not exactly thrilled to be in the same place as Rick Warren either, and to be clear I think the criticism is mostly good because he is, after all, a politician), but it still makes me tear up:
What are your plans for the big inaug? Anyone going to any fancy balls? I’ll be in DC, but so far I am ball-less (I wanted to go to the sodomy ball, and a lot of my pals managed to snag tickets, but it looks like I’m out of luck). I have a few brunches and luncheons, though, which is exciting and will reportedly include some pretty fantastic women. Plus, well, this. What are you all getting up to?
And another, because I like it (and, hey, Obama pictures!):