1. denelian
    denelian January 17, 2009 at 7:42 pm |

*cheers!*

color me IMPRESSED!

2. Ashley
    Ashley January 17, 2009 at 7:54 pm |

All I can say is WOO HOO! I love being from Illinois :)

3. David Castillo
    David Castillo January 17, 2009 at 9:06 pm |

We have to make sure these rules are not enforced. Allowing folks to deny vital services because of personal moral objections is outrageous.

President Bush and his ilk can’t leave Washington soon enough.

4. abyss2hope
    abyss2hope January 18, 2009 at 1:19 pm |

I’m glad 7 states are suing and highlighting that this rule seeks to rob people of their legal rights in the name of protecting people’s rights.

5. EvilSlutClique
    EvilSlutClique January 18, 2009 at 5:31 pm |

We had the same initial reaction about New York not being involved in the suit, but this is still good news and it’ll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

6. What I’m reading « Mom’s Tinfoil Hat

[…] reports that seven states are suing over the new DHHS rule. Good. Should be […]

7. hbsweet
    hbsweet January 19, 2009 at 12:08 am |

I heart Richard Blumenthal!

8. Eleniel
    Eleniel January 19, 2009 at 12:33 pm |

Wooo, NJ! Great news, and good luck to them!

9. Betsy
    Betsy January 19, 2009 at 12:54 pm |

I love living in MA, and Providence, RI was probably my single favorite city I’ve ever lived in (out of 6). I’m glad they’re both on board.

10. mustelid
    mustelid January 19, 2009 at 1:06 pm |

Yay to Mass and Ct! Currently living in the former and orginally from the latter. And yay for Illinois, Rhode Island, New Jersey, California and Oregon too!

11. Jackie
    Jackie January 19, 2009 at 1:22 pm |

That’s great. But correct me if I’m wrong (and there’s a good chance I am) won’t the lawsuits just go to the Supreme Court? With what they’ve been spewing out, I’m not hopeful.

12. Feministe » Whoops! Anti-Choice Nurse “Accidentally” Pulls Out Women’s IUDs

[…] Comments Julie on “Distinguishing a Political Stance from a Racist Stance”Jackie on Seven States Sue Government Over Anti-Choice DHHS RuleLauren on “Distinguishing a Political Stance from a Racist Stance”Jinda on Shameless […]

13. allimom99
    allimom99 January 19, 2009 at 2:37 pm |

Cheers to my home (CT) and adoptive (CA) states. Blumenthal is a KICK-ASS AG. would like to see more of him on the national scene. As for Obama doing everything he can, his recent statement on the stem-cell issue that he “prefers legislative action” doesn’t give me much hope that he’ll be willing to stick his neck out for women’s rights. I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong, but I don’t see it.

14. GreyLadyBast
    GreyLadyBast January 19, 2009 at 3:16 pm |

I’m so proud of my little state for this! Yay, RI!