Need: The Life of Christ in Cats

My friend Rebecca’s dad found this. I am not sure where I can get it, but I need one.

It is true that very few discerning people will ever own The Life of Christ in Cats. I want to be one of them.

18 comments for “Need: The Life of Christ in Cats

1. BH
    February 4, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Unfortunately, this appears to be a spoof ad from the British comic mag Viz.

2. norbizness
    February 4, 2009 at 1:58 pm

*Fake plates are not guaranteed to go up in fake value.

3. Mel
    February 4, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Cat Jesus in heaven has scary eyes.

If only this were real. It would be awesome to have on my wall to watch people double-take and twitch.

4. Kristen (The J one)
    February 4, 2009 at 2:55 pm

“Cat Jesus in heaven has scary eyes.”

It’s because he’s totally about to smite someone. Probably for masturbating.

5. February 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm

If my knowledge of cat genetics is up to speed, this poster pretty clearly establishes:

1) That the story of the Virgin Birth is true (or at least that Joseph isn’t Cat Jesus’ father…)

2) that God (or whoever the father is) is a tabby cat. As the proud companion of a tabby, I’m going to go with the theory that it’s God.

6. Dreamweasel
    February 4, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I think my favorite part would have to be the Judas kitty at the Last Supper. (Fifth from the right, if I’m not mistaken.)

7. Katherine Kramer
    February 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Its so cute, isn’t it? I’m going to paint something like this on one of my post-call weekends. I love it!

8. February 4, 2009 at 10:04 pm

The cats on crucifixes kind of freak me out.

9. rebeccas dad
    February 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm

hello. thanks for sharing this wonderful moment in cat history, much like when dogs played poker. and elvis lived on velvet… and for sharing your source.

I would recommend beginning your search for this somewhere in the deep, deep south.

10. February 5, 2009 at 10:20 am

Heh, my husband has fondly remembered this magnificent creation for years (he was a big Viz fan). So thanks for posting it, so I can finally see it with my own eyes! I was actually starting to wonder (and worry) if he’d imagined it…

11. February 5, 2009 at 2:20 pm

This is TOTALLY the kind of thing I get as gifts, because “I know you like cats so much!”…

12. February 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm

This is hilarious and I want it.

13. Mooney
    February 6, 2009 at 2:01 am

Life of Christ apparently equals…

Born, Ate Supper, Executed, Returned in white robe.

14. Topaz
    February 7, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Most amusing, Miss Jill (said in my best clipped British accent). Hilarious and I want one, too. Equally as funny is that I noticed it because on the headlines to the blog it falls in the categories so dear to my heart that I had to look it up: animals, pets, cats, feminism, religion and weirdness….

15. Piltdown
    February 9, 2009 at 12:11 am

Perhaps it will serve as a poster for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new show: “Jesus, Cat Superstar”

16. Ian
    March 18, 2009 at 5:20 am

These were actually available to buy, I know, I have one. Not sure if they are still available tho! Really, really bad quality tho!

17. Pete
    July 27, 2009 at 1:52 am

As Ian says above, these were available to buy from Viz a few years ago- along with a load of other tasteless crap. The only way I can think that you would be likely to get one now is by keeping a watch on eBay and one may come up for sale- if you are very very lucky.