Jill has been blogging for Feministe since 2005.

1. BH
    BH February 4, 2009 at 1:44 pm |

Unfortunately, this appears to be a spoof ad from the British comic mag Viz.

2. norbizness
    norbizness February 4, 2009 at 1:58 pm |

*Fake plates are not guaranteed to go up in fake value.

3. Mel
    Mel February 4, 2009 at 2:52 pm |

Cat Jesus in heaven has scary eyes.

If only this were real. It would be awesome to have on my wall to watch people double-take and twitch.

4. Kristen (The J one)
    Kristen (The J one) February 4, 2009 at 2:55 pm |

“Cat Jesus in heaven has scary eyes.”

It’s because he’s totally about to smite someone. Probably for masturbating.

5. Ammon
    Ammon February 4, 2009 at 3:44 pm |

If my knowledge of cat genetics is up to speed, this poster pretty clearly establishes:

1) That the story of the Virgin Birth is true (or at least that Joseph isn’t Cat Jesus’ father…)

and

2) that God (or whoever the father is) is a tabby cat. As the proud companion of a tabby, I’m going to go with the theory that it’s God.

6. Dreamweasel
    Dreamweasel February 4, 2009 at 4:06 pm |

I think my favorite part would have to be the Judas kitty at the Last Supper. (Fifth from the right, if I’m not mistaken.)

7. Ceiling Cat [Mews For Jesus] | StalknBlog

[...] “The Life of Christ in Cats”: A commemorative plate. (Click image for larger version.) [Feministe] [...]

8. Katherine Kramer
    Katherine Kramer February 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm |

Its so cute, isn’t it? I’m going to paint something like this on one of my post-call weekends. I love it!

9. Comrade PhysioProf
    Comrade PhysioProf February 4, 2009 at 10:04 pm |

The cats on crucifixes kind of freak me out.

10. rebeccas dad
    rebeccas dad February 4, 2009 at 10:56 pm |

hello. thanks for sharing this wonderful moment in cat history, much like when dogs played poker. and elvis lived on velvet… and for sharing your source.

I would recommend beginning your search for this somewhere in the deep, deep south.

11. Penny Century
    Penny Century February 5, 2009 at 10:20 am |

Heh, my husband has fondly remembered this magnificent creation for years (he was a big Viz fan). So thanks for posting it, so I can finally see it with my own eyes! I was actually starting to wonder (and worry) if he’d imagined it…

12. Black Cat Rescue
    Black Cat Rescue February 5, 2009 at 2:20 pm |

This is TOTALLY the kind of thing I get as gifts, because “I know you like cats so much!”…

13. Rosanna
    Rosanna February 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm |

This is hilarious and I want it.

14. Mooney
    Mooney February 6, 2009 at 2:01 am |

Life of Christ apparently equals…

Born, Ate Supper, Executed, Returned in white robe.

15. Topaz
    Topaz February 7, 2009 at 6:09 pm |

Most amusing, Miss Jill (said in my best clipped British accent). Hilarious and I want one, too. Equally as funny is that I noticed it because on the headlines to the blog it falls in the categories so dear to my heart that I had to look it up: animals, pets, cats, feminism, religion and weirdness….

16. Piltdown
    Piltdown February 9, 2009 at 12:11 am |

Perhaps it will serve as a poster for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new show: “Jesus, Cat Superstar”

17. Ian
    Ian March 18, 2009 at 5:20 am |

These were actually available to buy, I know, I have one. Not sure if they are still available tho! Really, really bad quality tho!

18. Pete
    Pete July 27, 2009 at 1:52 am |

As Ian says above, these were available to buy from Viz a few years ago- along with a load of other tasteless crap. The only way I can think that you would be likely to get one now is by keeping a watch on eBay and one may come up for sale- if you are very very lucky.