Shortly after 1:30 a.m., 22-year-old Nathaniel Petrillo and 27-year-old Rianne Therialut-Odom allegedly called the unidentified dancer outside the Babes and Beer nightclub in Tarzana to meet with them. For unknown reasons, they poured a combustible liquid on her and set her ablaze. She then ran back inside the bar where people came to her aid.
The dancer is now listed in grave condition with severe burns over 60 percent of her body. The suspects took off in a metallic gold in color newer model four door sedan, police said.
In another article, police suggest (I think rather insensitively and hopefully not prophetically) that the two suspects may end up being charged with murder. Apparently the woman’s condition is just that critical.
I think that abbeyjean said it well with her apparently needed reminded that women who work in strip clubs are PEOPLE, not firewood. If only more of us could remember that, as well as the fact that this is where misogyny and hatred and marginalization of sex workers leads us.
My thoughts are with the woman who suffered this horrendous attack, and I hope with all my heart that she makes a recovery. If you’re someone who prays, now would probably be a good time.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Updates on Burn Victim Roberta Busby by Cara February 10, 2009
- A Call to Action on Trans Rights in Tennessee by Cara December 28, 2008
- Confess to Killing a Sex Worker Today, Go Free Tomorrow by Cara May 17, 2008
- Iceland bans strip clubs by Jill March 26, 2010
- Six Women Murdered, Three Still Missing, and Nobody Seems to Notice by Cara August 26, 2009