Though I really wasn’t expecting to . . . just like Melissa, I cried like a baby:
(Music is the only audio in the video, and helps but is unnecessary to viewing.)
The faces of real people whose lives could easily be changed are more than enough to get one crying. But thinking about how I would feel in a similar circumstance, where someone else gets to decide the status of my relationship to my husband — and interestingly, also like Melissa, my husband immigrated to this country to be with me and so I do know something about what that kind of fear is like — well. It really does just confound me that anyone thinks some of us deserve more rights than others.
- More Ballot Updates: No on Prop 4 by Cara October 28, 2008
- Dear Rep. Franklin: I submit my used tampon as evidence. by Jill February 25, 2011
- South Dakota Live Action Camp by Cara October 2, 2008
- Prop 8 Upheld: Protests Tonight by Cara May 26, 2009
- Stand Up Against Prop 8 by Cara October 14, 2008