Lauren founded this blog in 2001.

1. Miranda
    Miranda February 7, 2009 at 5:19 pm |

Hey Lauren, thanks for linking to us! We just started Women’s Glib a week ago, and having two posts linked to here increased our views SIXfold.

2. Sungold
    Sungold February 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm |

Many thanks for the linky love, Lauren. Just for the record, I grew up a dog lover but saw the feline light when I was 21. A small cat dropped into my life just about then. Coincidence – or the work of the Ceiling Cat? So, I am *totally* on your side in the feminist lolwarz.

3. whatsername
    whatsername February 7, 2009 at 6:01 pm |

Yay! Another FCC supporter! Feminist Cats forever! \o/

4. AL
    AL February 7, 2009 at 6:04 pm |

Lauren, thanks for linking to my blog. I appreciate it=)

5. L33tminion
    L33tminion February 7, 2009 at 7:23 pm |

whether the media will freak out over a female-dominated workforce

Gee I wonder. Actually, I’m pretty sure I’ve already seen at least one article along those lines.

Anyways, many thanks for the links, that made for some high-quality reading.

6. Weekly Reader — Hoyden About Town
    Weekly Reader — Hoyden About Town February 7, 2009 at 7:30 pm |

[...] roundups from Lauren at Feministe and Ann at [...]

7. betty brown
    betty brown February 8, 2009 at 4:18 am |

on a daily & personal level i must admit that i am guilty of anthropomorphism with my 2 dogs. i don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, but learned early on with my chow mix, glasgow, that behaving as if the 3 of us were all humans doesn’t work with a dominant-aggressive dog. it’s been a long, hard road – as my childhood family dogs were all of the “affection-food-sleep-and-i’m-the-best-dog-ever” type.
    but, what got me to reconsider how i see dogs and how i see cats, and whether dogs are better for men and cats for women, or whether dogs are like men and cats like women, was this: the countless male friends, neighbors, strangers i’d stop and chat with when walking my chow-mix right before & after his being neutered. my god, the amount of empathy they had for this young dog (and a young AGGRESSIVE dog) who had ZERO idea he was “losing” his “manhood”! years later & i’m still waiting for the day someone says to me they’re taking in their female dog to be spayed. i can’t wait to melodramatically wince & say, “ooohhh, poor dog! you’re really going to do that to her? take away her ovaries?” and a guy at a party once told me he was going to let his pit bull “get laid” one time before being neutered.
    this bizarre sympathy from men for dogs just creeped me out so much, i realized there was a level of anthropomorphism i just didn’t find healthy. and so when considering lesser levels, i realized that i did find it offensive when people assumed as a single woman i owned a cat, and were then doubly surprised i owned multiple dogs. and my dogs are just exactly the type of creatures that suit me & my personality far, far more than any other animal i know of.

8. Natalia