One of the more infuriating aspects of conservative punditry is that conservatives freely accuse liberals of “waging a culture war” for pointing out sexism, racism, ageism, and the like, and how it unevens the playing ground. Take, for example, this clip from O’Reilly (I know, I’m sorry), exemplifying the sad state of political punditry:
The worst part is that you can apparently put down a woman publicly, without consequence, even a woman as accomplished as Helen Thomas, without really having an argument against her.
But hey, they sent her flowers afterward so it’s all good.
More at Sociological Images.
Similar Posts (automatically generated):
- Anti-Feminist Vandalism by Cara February 6, 2009
- When heroes disappoint. by Jill June 7, 2010
- It’s 10pm. Do you know where your local roving gangs of lesbians are? by Jill June 30, 2007
- Chris Dodd nails Bill O’Reilly in the latter’s Daily Kos jihad by evil fizz August 3, 2007
- At least he’s honest. by Jill June 2, 2007